PDA

View Full Version : Ipod to Panisonic Car Stereo Please Help

Tang
Sep 6, 2003, 04:33 PM
Im going to buy a new ipod but I want to be sure I can hook it up to my car stero.

I have a BMW 1987 325i with a Panisonic CQ- stero I put that in.

I want to have good sound and everyone says that the casset is the best but I dont have a casset player in my car.

So could anyone help me in how I can do this. I will buy a new IPod.

Thanx

smada
Sep 6, 2003, 05:50 PM
The best solution is to connect your iPod to a stereo with a line in. Cassette adapters are probably a better solution than FM transmitters, but there will still be a noticeable loss of quality. Most high end car stereos have some sort of auxiliary input, be it with a stereo minijack or RCA inputs or something of that nature. See if you can connect with one of these methods rather than a cassette adaptor or fm transmitter.

insidedanshead
Sep 6, 2003, 05:51 PM
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itrip/

zimv20
Sep 6, 2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by smada
Most high end car stereos have some sort of auxiliary input, be it with a stereo minijack or RCA inputs

pull the unit out and check the back for such ports if there isn't one on the front.

fwiw, i use a cassette adapter and am pleasantly surprised at the sound quality. the trick is to increase the volume on the ipod to get a good signal/noise ratio. i keep mine at about 90%.

Ryan1524
Sep 6, 2003, 07:02 PM
yes, there's usually an AUX in for most car players. :)

Tang
Sep 7, 2003, 12:56 AM
I took of the plate were u insert the cd and no aux is it like behind the unit?

rainman::|:|
Sep 7, 2003, 01:19 AM
yes, it would be on the back. i don't know that i would say most car stereos include aux in, but some do. if not, FM transmitter is your option, the iTrip for the new ipods has not been released yet (and is delayed i think) but would be the best of them... if you're serious about quality, but don't want to replace the stereo (if it doesn't have aux in), they make FM modulators that attach to the antenna-in plug, the antenna plugging into that. it's the best way for optimal reception. your quality, of course, will be about that of a good FM station.

pnw