PDA

View Full Version : Cambridge, MA (Cambridgeside Galleria)

overanalyzer
Oct 25, 2007, 01:36 PM
I don't see a thread for Cambridgeside yet...no one is going there?

Dr.Didg
Oct 25, 2007, 01:41 PM
I was there for the last 3 releases and also the iPhone release as I work right around the corner. But as I worked at and opened up the store in the Burlington Mall I am going to see how it is out that way. I also live in Burl, so get to get home faster to start installing. The GM at the Cambridgeside is much cooler person as well. He is in charge of Cambridge, Hingham, and the Chestnut Hill store. I also hear he is going to be the GM for the Boston flagship. In which case I may go work for them again for ***** and giggles.

Sky Blue
Oct 25, 2007, 09:49 PM
i'll be there about 530pm

Cerebrum
Oct 25, 2007, 11:38 PM
Might be there too, not sure yet.

r6girl
Oct 26, 2007, 07:30 AM
i think i'll be there too - hopefully around 5:30 pm...

Dm84
Oct 26, 2007, 12:06 PM
I will be there...buying a Macbook Pro

johnmcboston
Oct 26, 2007, 01:00 PM
I was debating, but I'm not that anxious to get it -even though a free t-shirt may be involved. I'll probably buy form amazon and get $20 off and no tax and free shipping. I can wait the week. Cambridge isn't my favorite store anyways - I hope they get some people with brain cells and manners in the Boston store. But I'm not bitter. :)

Adokimus
Oct 26, 2007, 07:12 PM
<snip>
Cambridge isn't my favorite store anyways - I hope they get some people with brain cells and manners in the Boston store. But I'm not bitter. :)

I see I'm not the only one to have a few bad "genious" experiences there... Anyway, I wasn't able to make it out there tonight. Hope the T-shirts were a good time though.

Obligatory shout out to the SOX and PATS! BOO-YAHH!!!

-Ado

berkleeboy210
Oct 26, 2007, 07:43 PM
This was the first OS X Launch I've Missed at the Galleria since Panther. I was using a PC for about 6 months, just sold it though. - I'm waiting till next week when Leopard is Pre-Installed on new macs before I get one. Hopefully the wait will pay off and speed bumped macbooks will be out on Tues. :confused::confused:

I tried to like Vista, But OS X steals the show, so Back to the Mac I Come.

Welcome me back with open arms will ya? :apple::D

Man, I wish the Flagship store was open for this.

CorporateFelon
Oct 26, 2007, 08:15 PM
You're all idiots.

Best Buy had copies for sale, no line. Sure I didn't get a free shirt, but I'm not going to wait in line that long. I got there about 5:50pm on my way home from work and the line was stretching all the way across the mall. Went to Best Buy waited 5 min to find some one who worked there. They hid them at the customer service desk.

I almost wanted to tell every one in line as I walked by, but I didn't want to cause a riot.

Sky Blue
Oct 26, 2007, 09:31 PM
You're all idiots.

Best Buy had copies for sale, no line. Sure I didn't get a free shirt, but I'm not going to wait in line that long. I got there about 5:50pm on my way home from work and the line was stretching all the way across the mall. Went to Best Buy waited 5 min to find some one who worked there. They hid them at the customer service desk.

I almost wanted to tell every one in line as I walked by, but I didn't want to cause a riot.

Best Buy was going along the line giving flyers saying they had them. Still no one moved. The Apple Store was rockin'.

overanalyzer
Oct 27, 2007, 02:19 AM
You're all idiots.

Well based on that criteria, you're an idiot too. I pre-ordered and got it delivered to the comfort of my home 7 hours before you got to Best Buy and with no line or search for an employee at all. :p

I can understand that some people like going to the Apple store to experience the crowd and all the launch excitement. If you're going to go to Best Buy, why even bother? Ordering online is even easier if you don't care about the Apple store launch experience. I wasn't up for the crowds and wait for this one, so that's why I pre-ordered.

johnmcboston
Oct 27, 2007, 06:52 PM
I see I'm not the only one to have a few bad "genious" experiences there... Anyway, I wasn't able to make it out there tonight. Hope the T-shirts were a good time though.

just tired of knowing more than they do, watching them sit and talk amongst themselves ratehr than helping folks, or having too few associates altogether. Or having an actual argument when he tried to sell me a component cable and I needed a composite one. It went downhill from there.