PDA

View Full Version : Selling a PowerBook

MacUser1
Sep 6, 2003, 09:51 PM
ok, i'm at school and i'm ready to purchase a new powerbook when they eventually arrive. however, i would like to get some money by selling my current powerbook to one of the kids here in the dorm, my question is how much should i sell it for? Here are the specs:

PowerBook G3 (Pismo) enclosure
PowerLogix 500 MHz G4 Upgrade
384 MB SDRAM
12 GB Hard Drive
CD/DVD Removable Drive
Minor scratches

I was thinking about $550 or $600, what do you guys reccommend?

2 kids are interested and 1 teacher

mattmack
Sep 6, 2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by MacUser1
ok, i'm at school and i'm ready to purchase a new powerbook when they eventually arrive. however, i would like to get some money by selling my current powerbook to one of the kids here in the dorm, my question is how much should i sell it for? Here are the specs:

PowerBook G3 (Pismo) enclosure
PowerLogix 500 MHz G4 Upgrade
384 MB SDRAM
12 GB Hard Drive
CD/DVD Removable Drive
Minor scratches

I was thinking about $550 or $600, what do you guys reccommend?

2 kids are interested and 1 teacher I would probably pay about $500, but i don't know about the bus speed of that system. Ive also been known to be aa bit of a cheapskate;)

appleupnorth
Sep 6, 2003, 11:57 PM
Try using http://www.everymac.com
It seems that once I sold my PowerBook- that the prices they recommend match those of a local re-reseller. Plus, you can say- I found this price from EveryMac.

Good luck at school!

Matt:)

MacUser1
Sep 7, 2003, 11:15 AM
thanks for the replies, i think i'm going to sell it for about $500-$550. The kid who asked me first is a good friend and he is willing to pay. Now i just hope that new powerbooks will be released on the 16th!