Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macman4291

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
I WANT TO GET A VAJA CASE, but I cant decid which one to get...the classic with the foldable top..the ivolution..i just don know...can some one please give there suggestion.

samuraikiss

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
Washington, DC
I think that's quite a personal decision. I prefer the cases that have a flap, regardless of the inconvenience, because I'm terrified of scratching the iPhone.

buymeaniphone

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2007
San Antonio, Texas
If you want an awesome looking case that completely protects your iPhone, then I'd go for the Vaja i-volution Top SP Holster. It'll cost you around $100 with shipping, but it's totally worth it if you like good high quality cases. I recently did a review of it on my site if you want to check it out. I'm also giving away for free the Vaja i-volution Holster at the end of the month.

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2006
Personally, I went with the flap-less case and got a crystal film screen protector. Not a problem with scratches so far.

treehorn

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2007
I got the Vaja with the flip (no clip though). So far I like it (it just arrived today) but it will take a bit to get used to the flip top. Didn't think about the fact that I'll have to deal with the flip when I answer the phone (do I let it dangle? Do I fold it behind?) But since the main reason I got a case was to protect the glass...

HelenAllen

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2007
Florida
I, too, got the flip with no clip, and am delighted with it. I had feared that the case would add a great deal of bulk to the phone, but find that it is still very slim and fits comfortably in a pocket. Another of the features I particularly like is that the sides of the case do not go onto the face of phone (as the Case-Mate Signature does). This can make using the "buttons" on the bottom of the landscape screen very difficult to use, and the Vaja case is therefore very pleasant to use. It has no velcro or magnetic closure to mess with, a nice feature IMO.

EvryDayImShufln

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
I do find my Vaja Top case does make it a little bulkier though and almost regret not getting a belt clip. I'm thinking of buying a rivet clip to add to it, but I'm not sure it will stick properly. ANybody know anything about those rivet kits?

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
I've just ordered the Top SP (flip) in black and gray as well as a Power Support Crystal Film. I'll be using the vaja when the iPhone needs to be in a bag (which just happens to be black leather with co-ordinating stripe :D) but I'm sure the iPhone will see some nekked use to.
I've got a vaja case for my old 3G iPod and I've always been impressed with them. I'm sure I can live with the flip!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.