PDA

View Full Version : Lion, Liger, WHATEVER!!!

wakerider017
Oct 25, 2007, 10:18 PM
I think it would be cool if OS XI (OS 11) was named after planets instead of big cats.

Pluto, Venus, Saturn, etc.

Apple could be well on their way to doing that with the new space wallpaper.. :confused:

otis123
Oct 25, 2007, 10:23 PM
how about dogs?

mac OS XI pug

not a good ring to it? oh well...

TAV
Oct 25, 2007, 10:27 PM
I think it would be cool if OS XI (OS 11) was named after planets instead of big cats.

Apple could be well on their way to doing that with the new space wallpaper.. :confused:

Pluto is not a planet. Good luck on getting Leopard, which is also not a planet.

unity
Oct 25, 2007, 10:28 PM
Ummmm... FYI, Pluto is not a planet.

But I do wonder what OS VI will be themes after?

OS 8 & 9 , I think, were after composers.

wakerider017
Oct 25, 2007, 10:38 PM
Pluto is not a planet. Good luck on getting Leopard, which is also not a planet.

When I was in school I was taught that it was...

No need to get nasty about things.

sananda
Oct 25, 2007, 10:39 PM
When I was in school I was taught that it was...

it was downgraded.

DanB91
Oct 25, 2007, 11:08 PM
it was downgraded.

NEVER!!!!!!!!! PLUTO WILL STAY A PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!

logandzwon
Nov 1, 2010, 03:09 PM
NEVER!!!!!!!!! PLUTO WILL STAY A PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!

remember, at one time the Sun and the moon were also called planets.

SandboxGeneral
Nov 1, 2010, 03:12 PM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Pluto will still be a planet in my book. ;)

MasterHowl
Nov 1, 2010, 03:23 PM

Hey :) This is exactly what I said to my friend today at college! Can't believe this :D
I think maybe not planets, it's too predictable. I think "Celestial Objects". I can see it now, Mac OS 11.1 "Andromeda", Mac OS 11.2 "Orion"

:D

Yamcha
Nov 1, 2010, 03:33 PM
Yeah that wouldn't be too bad.. I'm not a big fan of the cat names..

Cinder6
Nov 2, 2010, 01:01 PM
http://www.shof.msrcsites.co.uk/pluto.jpg

hamlin
Nov 2, 2010, 01:50 PM
I wonder what the next OS will be called, what can you call a OS after Lion..the king of all cats...Mac OS Sabretooth?

tblrsa
Dec 23, 2010, 12:33 PM
How about Mac OSX Rawr. :D

QuarterSwede
Dec 23, 2010, 12:38 PM
I'm guessing they'll drop public code names for the next OS and just call it MacOS. That's in the same naming convention as iOS for iDevices.

remember, at one time the Sun and the moon were also called planets.
That's actually a very good point. I'd never considered it.

yetanotherdave
Dec 23, 2010, 12:41 PM

It's all going fine until you get to OS Uranus...

MacDawg
Dec 23, 2010, 12:42 PM
It's all going fine until you get to OS Uranus...

That's what you run in BootCamp

Dalton63841
Dec 23, 2010, 12:53 PM
That's what you run in BootCamp

Best comment of the day. Myself, I'm still holding out for Mac OS X Black Leopard. My favorite big cat. Also, what happens when we get to Mac OS XI Black Hole?

Dr McKay
Dec 23, 2010, 04:40 PM
Best comment of the day. Myself, I'm still holding out for Mac OS X Black Leopard. My favorite big cat. Also, what happens when we get to Mac OS XI Black Hole?

Well Vista was a black hole of suck, does that count?

chaoticbear
Dec 26, 2010, 08:08 AM
I'm guessing they'll drop public code names for the next OS and just call it MacOS. That's in the same naming convention as iOS for iDevices.

I don't think it'd be as easy of a sell - not only do non-nerd friends of mine with iDevices not keep track of what OS version they have, but I think there's not as much emotional draw towards a new number as a new name. Like "OS 10.8? Eh, 10.7 is fine for me."
vs
"Oh holy Jesus, LION is here! GTFO my way!"

Plus, are we going to fire the OSX version naming guy? ;)