Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaypee68

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
I had a week 38 with the negative black issues in dark scenes, but in regular scenes the colors were good and the video was crisp and I ended up returning it because the negative black issue drove me nuts. I recently got myself a week 40 and the negative black issue is gone and a new issue has arrived.

In dark scenes, or scenes with darker colors, I get blocky artifacts in the same scenes in the same movies that I had on my week 38 touch. These blocky artifacts that look like real bad compression were never there on my week 38, so I'm not sure why they are on my week 40. I'm not talking about artifacts like you see if your digital cable signal gets interrupted. What I am talking about are color splotches that don't blend properly like a shadow against a white door. Anyone else have this on their newer touch?

aidanpendragon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2005
Not sure, but I noticed this w./1.1.1. - some videos that previously looked smooth had artifacts. I think it may be the better screen quality shows some encoding issues that weren't there previously - but just a hunch.

DeadlyB

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2007
I have a week 37 that was fixed with 1.1. I haven't noticed any issues since, including what you are describing.

nooj

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2007
i had a week 38 which i returned (no screen issues, other issues) and got a week 40 and i hav also noticed this issue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.