PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook battery help

vickyk
Oct 26, 2007, 05:21 AM
Ok. so the other day I had left my computer running not plugged in, and it absolutely killed my battery. i've tried to recharge it but it just says calculating in the bar on the top right... and its orange where the adapter goes in. i've left it trying to charge for ages... but alas nothing helps.

i did have a spare battery though (just after I purchased that new battery my old battery fell under the powerbook recall). SO i had that in a box... waiting for my use. I put it in, and did the whole calibration thing (when you charge it fully, then unplug and use until it has no more juice)... but I only get 20 minutes on it. And it's a completely fresh new battery.

Any advice? Should I go back to apple? would they believe i hadn't used that battery for a whole year? blah! i dont have the money to get a new one.

jotamurray
Oct 27, 2007, 10:42 AM
Ok. so the other day I had left my computer running not plugged in, and it absolutely killed my battery. i've tried to recharge it but it just says calculating in the bar on the top right... and its orange where the adapter goes in. i've left it trying to charge for ages... but alas nothing helps.

i did have a spare battery though (just after I purchased that new battery my old battery fell under the powerbook recall). SO i had that in a box... waiting for my use. I put it in, and did the whole calibration thing (when you charge it fully, then unplug and use until it has no more juice)... but I only get 20 minutes on it. And it's a completely fresh new battery.

Any advice? Should I go back to apple? would they believe i hadn't used that battery for a whole year? blah! i dont have the money to get a new one.

I had a similar issue too... I bought a spare battery (apart from replacing the original faulty one) and sometimes wouldnt charge... but I changed it within the week and had no problem for guarantee.
Try downloading a battery stat app where it shows the battery cicles as proof that it is new. (i.e -http://islayer.com/support/?p=23)

Also check in the battery replacement program if this new battery is also known as faulty.