PDA

View Full Version : video card info..?

howard
Sep 7, 2003, 10:20 AM
does anyone know of a site that compares in detail the video cards that are out there?

all of apples laptops have very different video cards...

radeon 7500 32
geforce4 420 go 32
radeon 9000 32
radeon 9000 64
geforce4 440 go 64

i'm curious what makes one better than the others...obviously more vid memory is better but i mean between the brand and models. also i was wondering where would apple go from here? what mobile cards are at the top of the line?

thanks

howard
Sep 7, 2003, 06:07 PM
hey...just checking to see if anyone can point me toward some info or enlighten my ignorance in the area of video cards....

thanks!

Dont Hurt Me
Sep 7, 2003, 06:33 PM
alot of times mac video card reviews are few and far between so i go to the pc world and see how they do there. toms hardware guide may help you,also mac addict magazine and eshop sales.com otherwise known as owc.

MacBandit
Sep 9, 2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Dont Hurt Me
alot of times mac video card reviews are few and far between so i go to the pc world and see how they do there. toms hardware guide may help you,also mac addict magazine and eshop sales.com otherwise known as owc.

Agreed that is your best resource. Also with any system the whole computer as a whole can have more of a difference then then a video card alone so if you must know wait for the release of the computer and then check around for peoples benchmarks. One good place (not great as they are customer input) to check results is here (http://forums.xlr8yourmac.com/fpsdb/fpsdb.lasso) at xlr8yourmac.com.