Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
A friend of mine (using a PC) is having some trouble. He says:

I have an MP4 which i used Videodora ipod touch converter to convert.
I put it in itunes and then synch, but it never synchs for more than a few seconds and never puts it on the ipod.

What am I doing wrong?

Video:

MPEG-4
426x320
127kbps
codec: H.264
141.7mb
Stereo

Any ideas there? I don't have a touch myself.

grale22

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2007
Are you sure this a problem with the video? Sounds more like you just haven't selected to sync movies.

safetyobc

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2007
Arkansas
I had the same problem on Videora on PC.

I am using Handbrake on the Mac now and it work FLAWLESSLY! Perfect video quality too! However, if you don't select the iPhone/iPod Touch setting, it won't sync into the touch when added to iTunes.

Maybe the screen resolution setting or something in Videora is keeping your friend from syncing to the Touch?

The settings in Handbrake for the iPod Touch is 480 x 208, if that helps any at all.

safetyobc

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2007
Arkansas
Handbrake is AWESOME! I have tried and tried to rip DVDs and convert other video on my PC to put on my iPod with NO success.

Got my mac, downloaded Handbrake as one of my first Apps, and boom. It just works! Now I can watch my home movies on my Touch!

gvegastiger

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2007
I use Handbrake on my XP machine and it works great.

In order for a video to work on an iPod touch or iPhone it needs to have an iPod atom inserted in the bit stream. If your encoder doesnt do this then it wont synch even though it plays in iTunes.

mmfy

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2007
I use Handbrake on my XP machine and it works great.

In order for a video to work on an iPod touch or iPhone it needs to have an iPod atom inserted in the bit stream. If your encoder doesnt do this then it wont synch even though it plays in iTunes.

Who names this stuff?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.