PDA

View Full Version : Do you have to purchase Leoard to get the T-Shirts/Freebies?

Skystar
Oct 26, 2007, 10:27 AM
I got my 10.5 yesterday, but I still want to go to the apple store near my office (it's only a block away). Do you guys think they will be giving the free stuff to only people who buy leopard, or does anyone in the crowd get one? I plan to buy a new bag and some accessories for my MacBook.

samh004
Oct 26, 2007, 10:34 AM
I was gonna say you'd be a pretty sad bastard to go for a shirt only, but I'm sure if your buying something else and explain your situation, they'll oblige you.

flamejob
Oct 27, 2007, 06:12 PM
I was gonna say you'd be a pretty sad bastard to go for a shirt only, but I'm sure if your buying something else and explain your situation, they'll oblige you.

Common... you could say that about any launch event. Why que when you could just go the next day... the fun is in being around like minded people.

Willis
Oct 27, 2007, 06:17 PM

10 points for raining on peoples parades.. geez...

steve jr.
Oct 27, 2007, 06:22 PM
10 points for raining on peoples parades.. geez...

Seriously! I was the only person at the AT&T store the evening of the iPhone launch that wasn't buying one, and there were about 40 people. Couple people thought I was nuts (only waited about an hour), but I was there for the :apple: experience!

butterfly0fdoom
Oct 27, 2007, 07:09 PM
Well, some friends came along with me, none with the intention of buying Leopard... But they still got free shirts anyway....

aethelbert
Oct 27, 2007, 07:41 PM
At our store, they were yelling to the people in the hallway at about 7:00, "anyone want a free t-shirt?" So there was no need to buy one and the people at the store didn't seem to care about it, either.

butterfly0fdoom
Oct 27, 2007, 08:25 PM
At our store, they were yelling to the people in the hallway at about 7:00, "anyone want a free t-shirt?" So there was no need to buy one and the people at the store didn't seem to care about it, either.

Oh. The store I went to had a line that stretched nearly halfway across the mall, so they were pretty anal about making sure people actually in the line got in first.

aethelbert
Oct 27, 2007, 10:10 PM
Oh. The store I went to had a line that stretched nearly halfway across the mall, so they were pretty anal about making sure people actually in the line got in first.
We had about 480 in line, and they were only giving them to random people after everyone in line (or that had been at 6:00) got a shirt.

HLdan
Oct 27, 2007, 10:35 PM

What a spoiled sport. :p

It's a launch party for goodness sake. Do people NEED to buy something to visit and get a free shirt? It's all about the fun. I already ordered my copy of Leopard but it hasn't delivered yet so I went to the launch event to go check out Leopard in person and I'm glad I did. It was so much fun, it's was like being at a party. There were plenty and I mean plenty of shirts so I hung out for 3 hours and picked up my shirt on the way out. Will go to the next launch party whether buying or not. :D

minik
Oct 27, 2007, 11:29 PM
I saw some people just took the Leopard T-shirts and left the store.

Doctor Q
Oct 28, 2007, 12:05 AM
We got T-shirts as we came in, so no purchase was necessary. I wonder what they do with the leftover T-shirts if a store doesn't use them all up?