Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hankolerd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Seattle, WA
Does anyone have the Dirt demo for xp or vista? I am running it in vista, and i know a guy running it in xp, and the only way we can run it is if we turn everything to the absolute minimum. Otherwise it runs at about 5fps max. I was just wondering if anyone as it and got it to run smoothly. I was kinda surprised my friends dell with 512mb of ram ran it just as well as mine, except for the fact that one race always freezes on his computer.:apple:

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Does anyone have the Dirt demo for xp or vista? I am running it in vista, and i know a guy running it in xp, and the only way we can run it is if we turn everything to the absolute minimum. Otherwise it runs at about 5fps max. I was just wondering if anyone as it and got it to run smoothly. I was kinda surprised my friends dell with 512mb of ram ran it just as well as mine, except for the fact that one race always freezes on his computer.:apple:

Looks like the game is buggy. Some suggest turning sound to software mode.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/printthread.php?t=198575

hankolerd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Seattle, WA
that seemed to help some...got tired of running at 800x600 though, so I just deleted the demo. which is fine though, I should be playing Team Fortress 2 instead :D :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.