Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
Wow, that's cool. I wish Apple would swoop me up for something... Who hasn't day dreamed about meeting Steve Jobs and maybe talking him into letting you look at least one prototype... lol.

I've already emailed Steve and asked him for a million dollars a few weeks ago. I got no response so I'm just going to have to get rich by other means is all :)

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
That's way cool Apple would do that.

I guess when you have creative products, then you have users with creative minds... :p

(ew, the Devil just put the image of a brown Zune in my mind...)

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Apple to Air Student-Made iPod Touch Ad

In an unusual move, Apple will be airing a new television ad that started as a student project, according to The New York Times. The new iPod touch ad will begin airing on Sunday.

The ad started as a student project created by 18 year old Nick Haley and posted to YouTube. Haley was contacted by Apple's ad agency TBWA/Chiat/Day
“ ‘We represent Apple and we’ve seen what you have produced and we’d like a chat with you,’ ” Mr. Haley recalled, adding: “This seemed ridiculous and far-fetched. My initial reaction was, someone wanted to steal it.”

He was soon convinced that the message was real and came to Los Angeles this month, in his first visit to the United States, to work on a broadcast-ready version of his spot with creative executives at TBWA/Chiat/Day, part of the TBWA Worldwide division of the Omnicom Group.

The original version of the ad is a fast-paced tour of the iPod Touch set to the song "Music Is My Hot, Hot Sex" by CSS. Haley was specifically inspired by the line in the song "My music is where I'd like you to touch."

Article Link

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
just saw this on digg, it's awesome.

only thing it's missing is the "iPod + iTunes" before the apple logo

but definitely a good blend of the iPod ads and the iPhone ads.

dizastor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2001
Los Angeles
Wow. That makes the agency's job easy.
Surf youtube, buy ideas. Let's go home.

Great start in advertising for the kid though. Start at the top.

Retired
May 16, 2006
This is a great way to make more people create ads for Apple...not only is it cool and quirky, but this is a fantastic marketing scheme...

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
I like this ad better than any of the old iPhone ads. Shows product usefulness in a fast and easy to understand way.

kymac

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2006
portland
wow.. seriously people.. it looked like it cut from one thing to another extremely fast.. and the fonts were HUGE. meh. whatever. i know apples would be a lot cleaner and professional.. but why are people saying it looks like ad material as it is?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.