PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with missed/slipped G5 1.6 ship dates?

oingoboingo
Sep 7, 2003, 07:25 PM
I ordered a BTO 1.6GHz G5 system (combo drive, Radeon 9600, no modem) from the Australian Apple Store on the 10th of July. I got an estimated shipping date of 'On or before 1st September 2003'. It's now the 8th of September, and I haven't heard anything from Apple, and there hasn't been any change to my shipping status page. I called them last week, but all they could tell me was that it 'looked like it was being built'.

Has anyone else (especially Australian Apple Store customers) had their G5 ship date silently missed? I'm going to call Apple again today...I think that if they're over a week late on their shipping date, they should at least call me or update the shipping status page.

BTW, I actually saw a 1.8 G5 in the flesh on Saturday at the Broadway Apple Centre in Glebe, Sydney. The system is very impressive looking in real life...the build quality is outstanding. I thought the overall system responsiveness was fairly quick (not amazingly brilliant though). They didn't appear to have any G5 stock at all apart from the demo model.