PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook won't wake from sleep

Gidman
Sep 7, 2003, 10:28 PM
Aight,

Just bought my wife a new 12" poerbook that was "reconditioned" by apple and cheap. Now the damn thing won't wake up from an extended sleep. I have reinstalled the system, twice following Apple phone tech suggestion and now want to turn to the experts. Is there a simple fix to this or is it a hardware problem for which the damn thing needs to go home to cupertino?

Anyone have any experience with this. I am not really happy, this computer, beautiful as it is, is less than one week old and this sucks.

Any thoughts oh ye experts?

Gid

LimeLite
Sep 7, 2003, 10:44 PM
Ok, so:

a) You're saying that this continually happens, or have you still not been able to wake it ever, even through rebooting?

b) What method are you using to try and wake it up?

c) Are there any particular programs running before it goes to sleep?

d) How long of an extended sleep is this, and is it plugged in? The reason I ask is because if my iBook is asleep without power, eventually all of the power is used, but it saves enough to stay asleep, so it's sleeping, and I can't wake it up unless I plug it back into the power adaptor.

Gidman
Sep 7, 2003, 10:52 PM
When I try and wake the computer up from sleep, plugged in with any programs running before sleep, it makes noises like it wants to wake up. Then it doesn't. So I have to open-apple-control-powerbutton to restart it. Then it "wakes up" by forced restart.

Thats what I meant. I know it isin't the power. And I have reset the pmu and the pram, so I don't really know what could be left. I am about to send it home (since it is under warranty, otherwise i might just take it to tekserve here in the city).

Gid

yujini
Sep 7, 2003, 11:24 PM
Seems like a hardware problem.
I have a laptop that's exactly like that though my warranty
ended so I still use it just like how you turn on your computer.

I have to force the restart everytime i turn on the laptop.