PDA

View Full Version : iTouch with Alpine iDA-X001 car stereo

mkmpanic
Oct 28, 2007, 01:27 AM
my itouch locks up when i use it with my car stereo (Alpine). It doesnt happen everytime, probably 75%. i have reset the Alpine and also wiped my iTouch, but it still locks up/freezes.

does anyone have this issue? much obliged!

bshell
Dec 7, 2007, 05:33 PM
my itouch locks up when i use it with my car stereo (Alpine). It doesnt happen everytime, probably 75%. i have reset the Alpine and also wiped my iTouch, but it still locks up/freezes.

does anyone have this issue? much obliged!

I recently installed an Alpine CDE-9881 head unit in my car to use with my iPhone. I got the iPod cable for an extra $40. Everything works EXCEPT: the unit has an "Error 01" if I try to search on Song or on Playlist. Otherwise no problems. I got the feeling when I was installing it, that a pin on the iPod connection cable got bent a bit, and might be missing the hole. My theory is that this connector is very flawed and all these Alpine/iPhone problems are caused by that. I still have to do more testing. I have to try it with a conventional 4th gen iPod we have around the house.

It could be that the iPhone/Touch OS is still not optimized for Alpine. If you find out, please let me know.

alexprice
Jan 10, 2008, 03:22 PM
Make sure you use the 422 cable and not the 420! The 422 is newer and works much better.

pna
Jan 10, 2008, 03:51 PM
The upgrade in the *cable* makes the whole system work much better? Wow, I had no idea that improvements wouldn't be have to come as an update to the head unit. Do you know exactly what it does differently, or if the 422 works with older Alpine head units? I've always felt like mine was a little sluggish. I don't have the model number handy.

Make sure you use the 422 cable and not the 420! The 422 is newer and works much better.

nickster9224
Jan 10, 2008, 04:28 PM
What iPod what previously hooked up to it. You might have to buy the newer cable.