PDA

View Full Version : Syncing audio as an AudioBook?

Zathu
Oct 28, 2007, 11:01 AM
I imported an audiobook CD and iTunes just seems to think its regular music. I disabled play on shuffle and changed the genre to Books & Spoken but nothing shows up when I got to More > Audiobooks on my iPhone. Is there anyway I can categorize this properly?

RumMunkey
Oct 28, 2007, 06:41 PM
I imported an audiobook CD and iTunes just seems to think its regular music. I disabled play on shuffle and changed the genre to Books & Spoken but nothing shows up when I got to More > Audiobooks on my iPhone. Is there anyway I can categorize this properly?

Yes.

The file has to be an AAC for starters, so if you've imported it as say, an MP3, first convert it to AAC by setting your import options to AAC then right-click on your file(s) and take "Convert to AAC".

When done, right click on your file(s) and select "show in finder". When you see them in finder, drag them to the desktop, then delete any trace of them (and your originals) from iTunes (send them to the trash).

Now you've just got some AAC files on your desktop.

Change the extension of each file from "youfilename.m4a" to "youfilename.m4b". Click thru the warning... you do indeed want to do this.

When done all the files in this particular book, drag them back into iTunes. Voila; they are in the Audiobooks section.

Zathu
Oct 29, 2007, 01:28 PM
Thank you very much! This method works great.

Shoesy
Oct 29, 2007, 04:52 PM
Yes.

Change the extension of each file from "youfilename.m4a" to "youfilename.m4b". Click thru the warning... you do indeed want to do this.

When done all the files in this particular book, drag them back into iTunes. Voila; they are in the Audiobooks section.

WOW great tip Rummy! :cool: I never knew that- I have always used audiobook builder (which is great - allows you to name chapters / set chapter markers and that sort of thing too).

Thanks for the heads up.

RumMunkey
Oct 29, 2007, 05:17 PM
Thank you very much! This method works great.

You're very welcome. We like to help 'newbies'. ;)