Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lowonthe456

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Hey gang, I am considering either a touch or a new nano. Reviews on the Touch seem mixed....none say its bad but that it could be better. Most importantly to me is the comments about screen artifacts and crunchy redraws concern me.

ideally, if i spread for the touch, i'd be interested in using it @ starbucks relaxing and surfing the web and listening to music (i am assuming i can do both at once).

Anyway, the nano gets glowing reviews but i'd like to get more informed user info from you guys/gals

thanks!:apple:

David G.

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Alaska
I, like you was in virtually the same boat as you a little while ago. I originally bought the 80 gig classic because of all of the negative reviews about the touch. I then changed my mind about two weeks later and took it back and got the touch. I very much prefer the touch over the classic now because of the additional functionality. Also the nano/classic interface seems like such an ancient way of getting to your music and videos now.
It seems to me that the people who gave it such low reviews were comparing it to the iPhone more than the iPods. If you really want all of the stocks/weather/maps functionality either hack it or get the iPhone to begin with. Gosh, all you negative reviewers of the touch, IT's NOT AN IPHONE.
And since your thinking about buying one now, you'll get one that has all of those screen issues fixed. My week 41 iPod touch works perfectly fine in that regard.
Hope this helped.:apple:

lowonthe456

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
thanks all... and David G. does the touch have widgets and such? or is that an iphone thing

dellavoce

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2007
you can put nearly anything from the iphone on the touch if you jailbreak it. otherwise, no.

David G.

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Alaska
If you want installed programs then you must hack both the touch and the iPhone. If you want apps from the iPhone then you must hack the iPod touch. But, before you purchase anything, you should look around and see what web 2.0 apps are out there, as they will work on both the iPhone and the iPod touch. To see an example of what i mean, 1. open up safari on your computer and 2. go to http://iphone.weatherbug.com/. If this isn't what you mean please explain further.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.