Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lamerlizer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
singapore
i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this thread but, i'm planning to learn quartz composer, and i'm wondering if anyone here has a good site for me to learn and to start learning?

dvkid

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2006
i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this thread but, i'm planning to learn quartz composer, and i'm wondering if anyone here has a good site for me to learn and to start learning?

Unfortunately I have yet to find one and I've been fooling around with QC way back when it was third-party and called Pixelshox. I learned mainly by dropping patches into things and trying them out. Then when Apple released it they had some nifty example files. In Leopard there are some truly fantastic example files that are really great for dissecting. Additionally, better explanations of patches and inputs and outputs have been added so if you hover over an item with the mouse for a little bit a tooltip shows up explaining what it does on many of the most commonly used patches.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.