PDA

View Full Version : When will be able to use iSight on a PC?

yujini
Sep 9, 2003, 02:55 AM
I was wondering when iSight would be available on a PC.
my entire family (my sis, my mom, my dad) are not willing to purchase a mac because of the price and the OS (not because OSX sux but just because they are used to windows).

So I was wondering, to be able to communicate with them with iSight, does anyone know any specifics on if iSight will be available for PC like iPods soon?

Thanks. I don't want to purchase an isight thinking that i'll be staring at myself after paying 150 bux =)

MacBandit
Sep 9, 2003, 03:09 AM
Well the iSite can be used with other video conferencing programs so that's what I would do. As for iChat/Video being available on the PC? I wouldn't count on it being any time soon if ever. What I do expect is that iChat will become compatible with other video conferencing and video chat programs within the next few months. Seems that I just read in the last few weeks that there was something blocking the iChat from working with AOL and other video chat programs and that that problem has been resolved.

Schiffi
Sep 9, 2003, 09:41 AM
I have an iSight, my parents have a no name brand USB Webcam. I video chat with them about once a week. They are even on dial-up and own WinXP. How? Yahoo Messenger.

yujini
Sep 9, 2003, 04:59 PM
OhI see I had no idea I would be able to chat with the other USB webcams.

Thanks for the info :)