PDA

View Full Version : Denali Borough School District (Alaska) to provide a 12" Po...

MacBytes
Sep 9, 2003, 08:44 AM
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Denali Borough School District (Alaska) to provide a 12" PowerBook to each student (9-12th grade) (http://www.news-miner.com/Stories/0,1413,113~7244~1620356,00.html)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

mkaake
Sep 9, 2003, 09:17 AM
12 inch pb's?? i want to go back to school!

that would have rocked - being in high school with a 50 dollar a year 12 inch powerbook! of course, they didn't exactally have the 12 when I was in high school, but you get the point...

matt

Mr. Anderson
Sep 9, 2003, 09:22 AM
That's quite cool - even though its only 129 machines its still going to be good for the kids. I'm a bit jealous myself....;)

I'll be interested in seeing what happens next year at the same school...

D

theipodgod16
Sep 9, 2003, 10:43 AM
So kids in states such as alaska and maine get new powerbooks, but just cause i go to school in calif, ( the worst state for schools) we dont get any cause theres no money?? sux

mactastic
Sep 9, 2003, 11:34 AM
"There are clamps on the system that won't allow students to install software without an administrative presence," said Cole.

You mean the kids don't get an admin account? Really? That's a pretty good clamp right there.

I wonder if the teachers get one too. My wife is teaching in Ca here and is struggling to get the machine running Windows 98 out of her room and a shiny new eMac brought in. Regardless, we're buying her a 12"PB of her own some day... if Apple ever gets aroung to the "imminent" PB update.

Jerry Spoon
Sep 9, 2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by theipodgod16
So kids in states such as alaska and maine get new powerbooks, but just cause i go to school in calif, ( the worst state for schools) we dont get any cause theres no money?? sux

Vote for Arnold!!!:D

mactastic
Sep 9, 2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Jerry Spoon
Vote for Arnold!!!:D

I hadn't heard he had made any specific promises relating to schools yet except to not cut their funding. I doubt even Arnold could bring PBs to California students. Unless of course, he want's to dip in to his personal fortune.

MacFan25
Sep 9, 2003, 02:44 PM
Lucky kids! I wish my high school would give me a laptop! :D

I wonder if one day all students will have laptops in high school. That would be pretty cool.

mactastic
Sep 9, 2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by MacFan25
Lucky kids! I wish my high school would give me a laptop! :D

I wonder if one day all students will have laptops in high school. That would be pretty cool.

At one point someone wondered whether some day all students would have calculators in school. Now they all do!:D