PDA

View Full Version : Get Tiger's Dock in Leopard

MacBytes
Oct 29, 2007, 09:42 AM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: Tips and How To's
Link: Get Tiger's Dock in Leopard (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20071029104234)
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

InLikeALion
Oct 29, 2007, 11:08 AM
Without any screenshots with this article, I can't tell if it has a misleading title or not. Does this create the old Tiger dock, or that new dark dock with the white border? Cause I felt like the instructions were the same as those for getting the dark dock, in which case this is old news and a very misleading title. IF indeed it does give us the tiger dock, then a lot of people with be very happy with this option.

#ILAL~*

splashtech
Oct 29, 2007, 11:12 AM
No, its misleading. Unless I am very much mistaken, these are the instructions for the flat dark dock as seen on the sides.

Markleshark
Oct 29, 2007, 11:14 AM
No, its misleading. Unless I am very much mistaken, these are the instructions for the flat dark dock as seen on the sides.

Thats exactly what it is, not quite the Tiger dock.

rtcruz1
Oct 29, 2007, 11:15 AM
for those of us who didn't care for the reflective "3d" dock, this is at least a nice alternative to have that feature turned off.. I for one didn't know this was possible.. so thanks for posting these instructions..

NOW if we could only turn off the stupid Stacks feature.. and at least revert back to how Tiger treated folders on the dock... I'd be a happy camper! Anyone know if this is possible?

splashtech
Oct 29, 2007, 11:21 AM
NOW if we could only turn off the stupid Stacks feature.. and at least revert back to how Tiger treated folders on the dock... I'd be a happy camper! Anyone know if this is possible?

As far as I know, its not.

I also wish they could allow us to assign icons to stacks, rather than have a heap of things. Address Book on the top of my Applications really bugs me. I want my applications folder icon back!

I really hope they give us these options in an update or something. It will make Leopard close to perfect.

rtcruz1
Oct 29, 2007, 12:00 PM

I also wish they could allow us to assign icons to stacks, rather than have a heap of things. Address Book on the top of my Applications really bugs me. I want my applications folder icon back!

I really hope they give us these options in an update or something. It will make Leopard close to perfect.

I agree.. the mis-steps with the dock, stacks, and the transparent menu bars are my only gripes... if they can fix or improve those in an update, it would be great..

TheNightPhoenix
Oct 29, 2007, 12:29 PM

What I've done is create a folder with a load of spaces in its name. Then put an icon on this and it appears as the front most icon in the stack.

Sadly it's a work around, not a solution.

splashtech
Oct 29, 2007, 12:37 PM
I agree.. the mis-steps with the dock, stacks, and the transparent menu bars are my only gripes... if they can fix or improve those in an update, it would be great..
I dont have a problem with the menus. However, I can see that quite a few people do. Seriously... how hard would it have been to have a little check box on/off?

What I've done is create a folder with a load of spaces in its name. Then put an icon on this and it appears as the front most icon in the stack.

Sadly it's a work around, not a solution.
Yeah, I've seen approaches like that. But like you say, its a workaround. And I dont know about you, but a random folder with an icon floating around at the beginning of all my stacks would drive me mad (probably as mad as the stack heap icon already does).

Please Apple, fix these little things and you will make a lot of people very happy indeed. :apple:

pgwalsh
Oct 29, 2007, 01:52 PM
I keep my dock docked to the right and therefore it's a non issue. I have a black background as well and I like how it looks.