PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch Volume issue

carrollf
Oct 29, 2007, 12:09 PM
My new iPod Touch 16GB seems to have a volume issue. Some songs (many of them bought from iTunes and ripped off CDs) are very hard to hear even on full volume! The same songs played on my iPod Classic 80GB sound fine!

Is there an issue with my iPod Touch? Is there anything I can do to increase the volume beyond it 'max' volume?

DeadlyB
Oct 29, 2007, 12:47 PM
I can't say if anything is wrong with your iPod Touch. I can only say that I have listed to many songs, several podcasts, quite a number of videos and have no problem hearing any of them.

It may be your environment (is it very noisy: construction, etc.) or the audio files (do some work fine, and others don't?). In a normal environment with standard audio files, I would expect yours to work fine. Also, did someone change the volume limit in settings? That will affect it too.

aidanpendragon
Oct 29, 2007, 01:51 PM
My new iPod Touch 16GB seems to have a volume issue. Some songs (many of them bought from iTunes and ripped off CDs) are very hard to hear even on full volume! The same songs played on my iPod Classic 80GB sound fine!

Is there an issue with my iPod Touch? Is there anything I can do to increase the volume beyond it 'max' volume?

Check your audio settings, namely volume limit & whatever-the-other-one-is (Soundcheck?) that "uniforms" sound from song to song.

Gerard.
Oct 29, 2007, 04:12 PM
if i turned my touch up full, i would get hearing damage :P
mines seems to be fine?

Warped1
Oct 29, 2007, 04:38 PM
Same here. I have the opposite problem of headaches due to over-amplification even at low volumes. strange. I have to use the sound check to normalize and it helps but its still not perfect.

avaloncourt
Oct 29, 2007, 08:37 PM
I'm being serious here. Is there any chance this might be the European Union volume limiting version that people in Europe were screaming about? There is a regulated limit on digital audio players.

tjp888
Oct 29, 2007, 10:22 PM
I don't know if you are using MP3 or AAC. But, all Mp3 files have a volume setting in the header. You can change this setting iTunes by selecting the INFO of a file or files and you will find a volume setting. Try increasing it and then re-syncing.

perlinpinpin
Nov 1, 2007, 05:02 AM
I'm being serious here. Is there any chance this might be the European Union volume limiting version that people in Europe were screaming about? There is a regulated limit on digital audio players.

Hello,

We have 2 ipod touch at home. An american one and a french one. We tested the volume of both with a same song. we put level volume to higher and we concluded that both have exactly same volume settings. No limits on the european ipod. :D

zane81
Feb 4, 2008, 12:50 PM
I have exactly the same issue the same songs on my Ipod video sound great (normal) but on the touch they are just not as loud and I have to turn the volume up much higher to get the same effect (or less still).

I am using the same earphones with both Ipod's and both are synced to the same iTunes library.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS. I didn't stumble accross this post, I went looking for help so it's not a dreampt up issue!!

iCris
Aug 9, 2008, 04:19 PM
hello any know where i can download the us firm 2.0.1 for the european ipod touch,the us firm includes spanish in the lenguage options?

thx in advance :rolleyes:

jm9534
Aug 11, 2008, 04:26 PM
I've exactly the same issue on my iPod Touch (which I posted in a different thread) too. It used to affected the songs imported before I upgraded to 2.0. I re-imported the songs, it worked fine.

Then I updated to 2.0.1, now it randomly affected the songs. And more problem, it freeze the songs, I tried to skip the song, no use. I've to skipped a few songs to make it worked. Sometime it even kicked me out to the Home screen.

Anyone have any clue on that!!! Thanks in advanced.

scotty96LSC
Aug 11, 2008, 06:26 PM
if i turned my touch up full, i would get hearing damage :P
mines seems to be fine?
Agree. I have not had any problems with mine. Check the volume limit on your iPod.

MopedMan
Mar 23, 2009, 09:58 AM
I upgraded my Ipod Touch (1st Gen) to 2.2.1, and any volume boosting sotware I install will not work. Maby updates prevent software from working??

MopedMan
Mar 27, 2009, 08:03 PM
I upgraded my Ipod Touch (1st Gen) to 2.2.1, and any volume boosting sotware I install will not work. Maby updates prevent software from working??

My bad, I mean, does the update have a preset volume or something to limit song volume??

And just press "Ctrl +A" when your on iTunes, right click and open up "Get Info". Go to options and increse the volume there. I no its already been said, but its the simple things that always work :D

rfilley
May 20, 2010, 09:07 AM
Try clicking on the i-tunes pull down menu, select preferences, and click on sound check. That sets all your songs to play back at the same volume. Good luck.