Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjp888

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
I searched for this problem on this forum and couldn't find it. So I apologize in advance if this is a duplicate.

But I am having a problem where an album will not appear on the "flip screen" I don't know the real name for this feature, but this is where you swipe your finger to scroll through your albums.
I have had this problem with a couple of albums. The album shows up on the vertical alpha-numeric list. The album has the cover art. I have brought the "info" up the individual tracks in iTunes and the header information is perfect. The MP3 headers are the same as tracks from other albums that DO appear in the flip screen.
My latest problem album is one that I just downloaded from Amazon, but I have also had this problem with an album I ripped myself.
Any ideas what causes this? Other than that the album and tracks work perfectly.

California King

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
The feature is called cover flow. Make sure that the album art is visible in itunes library. Right click and click get info then album art and add it yourself if there isnt already one in there. Delete the old file and replace.

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2005
Wirelessly posted (SoftBank/1.0/913SH/SHJ001/SN353695010704641 Browser/NetFront/3.4 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Sounds like the missing albums maybe lumped together with another album. Do the missing albums have the same title as other albums, ie Greatest Hits? Look for the thread 'Silly coverflow bug' (sorry I can't do it on my phone) Hopefully that will help.

tjp888

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
That may be it

Thanks asxtb. That may be my problem. The album is a "Greatest Hits", and there are other albums with that name (as in mentioned in the "silly overflow" thread).
In fact the previous album I had this same problem with was also a "Greatest Hits" album.

When I get home I will try renaming the album and see if that helps.

tjp888

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
Solution found

Yeah, duplicate album titles was the cause of the trouble.

In iTunes I went and renamed all the "greatest hits" album titles to also include the artist name. That way they were all unique. Did a sync, and bingo all the albums appeared in the coverflow screen.

Thanks for you help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.