PDA

View Full Version : A couple of iMac question...

applemacdude
Sep 9, 2003, 07:14 PM
1. Is the discountinued version of the 17inch iMac good compared to the new iMac version of the 17inch? 15Inch good?

2. Is it safe to buy the iMac right now and not have to worry about a G5 version coming out in early 2004?

I'm also interested in teh powerbooks. Do you think that the yprice will come down on any of the Powerbooks? With teh supply of the discountinued version of teh iMacs is it safe to wait till the powerbooks are updated top get one of these discountued version?

Thanks In Advance

Kwyjibo
Sep 9, 2003, 07:29 PM
ok
new powerbooks will probably cost the same or more...the prices are really low for that line...don't count on them going any lower...according to arn in a similar thread the current powerbook supplies are very very low, so you probably won't be able ot get many at a discounted price

Stelliform
Sep 9, 2003, 09:49 PM
I just bought a 17" 1Ghz iMac today. I checked it out versus the 17", 800Mhz and I think it is the better deal. (besides the processor, the 1Ghz apparently has Airport Extreme and 64MB video RAM. Although the Apple Rep couldn't tell me anything...)

At $1400 I thought it was pretty hard to beat if you want an all in one unit.

MacsRgr8
Sep 10, 2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Stelliform
..... Although the Apple Rep couldn't tell me anything...)

Unbelievable.... :( :rolleyes:

jxyama
Sep 10, 2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by applemacdude
2. Is it safe to buy the iMac right now and not have to worry about a G5 version coming out in early 2004?

early 2004 is as far as 6 months away. while i doubt there'll be a g5 imac for quite some time, there is no guarantee. besides, what do you mean by "safe" and "not worry"? you get a machine today, it will work just fine in early 2004. newer machines won't make yours obsolete. and if you are worried about "wasting" your money, hate to tell you, but by early 2004, i'd at least expect a price drop. so i guess it depends on how you value your time with a computer.

applemacdude
Sep 10, 2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Stelliform

At $1400 I thought it was pretty hard to beat if you want an all in one unit.

$1400:eek: where?