PDA

View Full Version : Ebay?

DylanC
Oct 30, 2007, 12:10 AM
What do you guys think about buying Macs off of ebay? obviously i would buy from someone with 99%-100% good feedback. because i think this is the only way ill be able to get a Pro in my pricerange.

Ty:apple:

samh004
Oct 30, 2007, 12:14 AM
Use your intuition, if something looks too good to be true, it probably is. Just relying on 99 - 100% feedback isn't full proof. Read the feedback, see what the items were, were they all 99 and your now contemplating buying a several hundred dollar item.. etc..

CanadaRAM
Oct 30, 2007, 12:14 AM
There are significant risks to eBay. Macs and Mac notebooks are scam magnets because they are so desirable. 100% feedback is no assurance that the account is not hijacked, or hasn't been built up to 100% with shills.

Any significant discounts on new or near new Macs are almost always scams.

If you have to ask here, then you are probably not ready.

I would advise a new purchaser to look at the Apple refurb store first.

DylanC
Oct 30, 2007, 12:16 AM
There are significant risks to eBay. Macs and Mac notebooks are scam magnets because they are so desirable. 100% feedback is no assurance that the account is not hijacked, or hasn't been built up to 100% with shills.

Any significant discounts on new or near new Macs are almost always scams.

If you have to ask here, then you are probably not ready.

I would advise a new purchaser to look at the Apple refurb store first.

Yeah, i think i am going to do it anyway im just going to have to be sure to be EXTRA careful. if it does end up being a scam i can get my money back.

samh004
Oct 30, 2007, 12:29 AM
if it does end up being a scam i can get my money back.

That's debatable..

CanadaRAM
Oct 30, 2007, 01:46 AM
Yeah, i think i am going to do it anyway im just going to have to be sure to be EXTRA careful. if it does end up being a scam i can get my money back.

:eek::D:D:D

Famous last words... "See, it's not even loaded" and "PayPal will give me my money back"

Grasshopper, you are REALLY not ready for this.