Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdamR01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
I got a used 800MHz iBook recently and I love it, but unfortunately I did not get any of the system restore cds. OS9 wasnt installed on the laptop when I got it so I have no way of running classic apps. Does anyone know of some sources to buy restore cds besides Apple? I called them and they want about $20 a disk (5*20=$100 + shipping). If I have to buy them at that price I will, but I wasnt planning on spending that much. Any help appreciated.

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2003
Denver, Colorado
If you're anywhere near an Apple Store or Mac Specialty store, just go in there, plop down $30 and they'll do it for you. Does your Book still have AppleCare? If so, they'll do it for free at the AppleStore.

AdamR01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Thanks, I went and asked them about the cds before and they said it was $20 (i wish) to order them. I didnt think to ask if they would reload it. Its under applecare, but its used and I dont have a way of getting the applecare transfered to me. I think I'll do that as a last resort as its a 40 mile drive to the nearest apple store. Would it be illegal to have someone with the same iBook copy the cds for me? My friend might know someone and I wouldnt think it would be but I'm not 100% sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.