PDA

View Full Version : Another MP Video Card Thread

Michael73
Oct 31, 2007, 12:16 PM
I bought a MP with the default video card (GeForce 7300 GT) last september and just started noticing intermittent video-related issues. Approximately 2 times in the last 7-10 days I started noticing these thin blue horizontal lines flicker across my 24" Acer screen. The first time I switched the DVI connection to the other port and it solved the problem for a couple of days. The second time, I switched the DVI connection back to the other port and haven't seen an issue in about 2 days.

Has anyone had this happen to them? Is the video card going or is it my monitor?

I'm covered under AppleCare so I trust if I bring it in they'll fix or replace the card.

Does anyone know if I want to upgrade the card whether Apple will credit me the difference between the 7300 GT and the ATI card? I think on the BYO store the difference is a $249 bump.

Wild-Bill
Oct 31, 2007, 01:17 PM
Apple will not credit you for the 7300GT, and you will have to shell out $400.00 for nearly 3 year old technology I'm afraid.

Perhaps if the Mac Pro is ever updated in our lifetime you can buy one of the newer cards to upgrade with...........IF the Mac Pro is ever upgraded in our lifetime....