PDA

View Full Version : Why no cut & paste?

jonswan
Oct 31, 2007, 07:31 PM
Whilst working on Office for Mac 2004 in Word my cut and paste function has stopped working! This is a major problem as on a Macbook there's no room to drag text across.
Any help gratefully received...

CalBoy
Oct 31, 2007, 07:35 PM
Are you using :apple: or ctrl?

jonswan
Oct 31, 2007, 07:40 PM
Hi,
AM either right clicking on an Apple mouse, or using the cut/paste icons on the toolbar. Is this significant?

CalBoy
Oct 31, 2007, 07:42 PM
Hi,
AM either right clicking on an Apple mouse, or using the cut/paste icons on the toolbar. Is this significant?

Hmmm. The reason I asked which keyboard shortcut you were using was because you have to use :apple: and not control.

jonswan
Oct 31, 2007, 07:55 PM
Hmm, that's strange. Control-click seems to work...

My girlfriend, whose problem this is, now says it's only a problem when she is trying to cut & paste from web pages into Word documents, for example for university stuff. It used to work but now doesn't... sorry - she led me to believe that the whole cut&paste function was gone.

CalBoy
Oct 31, 2007, 07:56 PM
Hmm, that's strange. Control-click seems to work...

My girlfriend, whose problem this is, now says it's only a problem when she is trying to cut & paste from web pages into Word documents, for example for university stuff. It used to work but now doesn't... sorry - she led me to believe that the whole cut&paste function was gone.

Has she tried using two fingers on the trackpad and clicking instead of an attached mouse? Perhaps the mouse has an obstruction or something.