Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gary King

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
For some reason, after I upgraded to Leopard, then whenever I put my MacBook Pro to sleep, it spontaneously wakes up after some time (can be from a few minutes to an hour or two.) I don't know why this is happening, but I know for sure that it's related to Leopard since I put my laptop to sleep every night (it's in my bedroom) and after upgrading to Leopard, it started to just wake up a short while after putting it to sleep.

At first I thought it could be Time Machine, so I disconnected all my external drives, but that didn't seem to work.

I have also tried resetting my SMC but that did not appear to fix it.

Does anyone know why this is happening?
Thanks in advance!

capitanbuzo

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
There have been a lot of reports that they are waking up randomly and at specific times like 12:00 am and 1:00am. Some have solved this by setting an auto wake for a specific time once a week so they only have to deal with it waking weekly.

lord patton

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
Chicago
Are there any bluetooth devices nearby? Go to System Preferences and see if "allow bluetooth devices to wake computer" is checked in the "keyboard and mouse" pane (bluetooth tab).

My wife's MacBook used to do this when this when it was set to allow waking (even when there were no bluetooth devices around). When I installed Leopard, this option became selected again, for no apparent reason.

neilhart

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
SF Bay Area - Fremont
My MBP started to wake from sleep (within a minute) after installing the short version of the 10.5.1 update. I went through and shut down all open processes, shut down the BT mouse and then rebooted. That seemed to fix the problem.

In the mean time I have re-installed the 10.5.1 using the the 109MB version and the sleep problem has not reappeared.

Win shares not appearing in the finder and no trac pad tap clicking in BC are my main complaints now.

Neil

spencerjuk

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2007
bluetooth is turned off so i dont think its that ill have a look at the timed wake thingy give that a go. cheers. tho it does go straight back to sleep so its not really a problem, just was a bit odd

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.