PDA

View Full Version : 25 Years of Apple tradition, ended.

chaos86
Nov 1, 2007, 08:23 AM
R.I.P. the rounded screen corners.

Stampyhead
Nov 1, 2007, 08:44 AM
Yeah, I noticed that sadly after I upgraded. I will miss those rounded corners, but the rest of Leopard's awesomeness more than makes up for it.

lofight
Nov 1, 2007, 08:47 AM
:p do you mean this?

lexus
Nov 1, 2007, 09:19 AM
I think its better as there are more pixels in use on the screen now.

koobcamuk
Nov 1, 2007, 09:24 AM
I think its better as there are more pixels in use on the screen now.

How many do we get now? I need to make the most of this extra real-estate. :rolleyes:

zen
Nov 1, 2007, 09:37 AM
I'd like to know why we lost rounded window corners but gained rounded menu corners. They're hideous!

kkat69
Nov 1, 2007, 09:41 AM
I'd like to know why we lost rounded window corners but gained rounded menu corners. They're hideous!

I wanna know why we went from a minifridge looking mac to neon colored plastic. Why we went from neon colored plastic coated crt to a all white surrounding flat panel, why did we go from smooth looking white to all gray aluminum?

Probably evolution? I honestly don't even notice the rounded corners, nor do I boot into leopard and go "UGGGG I hate staring at those non rounded corners, this OS stinks!"

I'm not flaming you by far. Just making light of the situation.

zen
Nov 1, 2007, 09:55 AM
I wanna know why we went from a minifridge looking mac to neon colored plastic. Why we went from neon colored plastic coated crt to a all white surrounding flat panel, why did we go from smooth looking white to all gray aluminum?

Probably evolution? I honestly don't even notice the rounded corners, nor do I boot into leopard and go "UGGGG I hate staring at those non rounded corners, this OS stinks!"

I'm not flaming you by far. Just making light of the situation.

Hehheh. No worries - I don't really care that much (it'd be pretty sad if I did!), I just found it an odd thing. I didn't notice them either until about a day ago in Safari, and now I see it all over the system. Overall the design is great, but I think it would be greater with square menus :cool: :) :D

GSMiller
Nov 1, 2007, 03:23 PM

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this. Makes no sense...

If you want the rounded corners back in Leopard you can download and install this (http://www.manytricks.com/displaperture/). It runs in the background and doesn't show up in the dock or under "Force Quit." Pretty nifty...

Stampyhead
Nov 1, 2007, 03:41 PM

I kind of like the rounded menus...