PDA

View Full Version : Quicksilver boot issue

tcbluejayfan
Nov 1, 2007, 01:32 PM
So my quicksilver has been working great up until this afternoon. i had to restart and now whenever i turn it on all i get is a blank grey screen and nothing else. i dont hear a startup chime or anything.

robrose20
Nov 1, 2007, 02:00 PM
I had a similar problem. It was on my MPB, apple said it was a firmware issue. It had become corrupt.

yellow
Nov 1, 2007, 02:01 PM
Do a PMU reset via the CUDA button.

tcbluejayfan
Nov 1, 2007, 02:19 PM
do i just push the pmu button while attempting to boot? or how do i do that. also how would i do a firmware update?

yellow
Nov 1, 2007, 02:39 PM
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86760

PMU first. Worry about firmware if that doesn't work.

tcbluejayfan
Nov 1, 2007, 02:58 PM
the pmu reset did not do the trick...it still does the same grey screen.

tcbluejayfan
Nov 1, 2007, 03:05 PM
the issue has changed now though...it now goes to the apple screen to load os x, but after a minute it changes to a circle with a line through it. its acting like its not finding the os. is it possible i have a bad hd?

OrangeSVTguy
Nov 2, 2007, 12:35 AM
ha i actually had the same problem today but mine was an easy fix. i put in a hdd from an old windows computer but it was set as master. when i went to turn it on the screen was all gray. so i set it to slave and now my apple hdd boots right up. so yeah maybe your hdd is starting to go out? :(

tcbluejayfan
Nov 2, 2007, 02:59 PM
my latest attempt worked for one boot and then stopped. so i put another drive of mine with os x on it into the system. it booted up fine, but when i restarted it, it stops at the grey screen again. i thinking its not a hd issue now.