Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rydoggballer34

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Don't even think about buying this case. This thing is not worth a penny and I paid $50.00 with shipping. You can't even access the top of your ipod and its made pretty cheap. Damn, I am going to complain!

Axl Rose

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2007
I got a vaja case on the way and i also purchased a separate screen protector, and the vaja case was only 5 bucks more than the on you ordered.:)

DocVT

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2006
Don't even think about buying this case. This thing is not worth a penny and I paid $50.00 with shipping. You can't even access the top of your ipod and its made pretty cheap. Damn, I am going to complain!

Please post their response.

I have been disappointed with their service. They charged my credit card a week ago on an item that had not shipped and even worse, was on backorder. It is suppose to ship next week. They should not have notified the pre-order people when there was no product available.

rydoggballer34

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
About 24 hours ago...and still no response. You think they would treat me a little nicer and the case is horrible! Touch falls out, no top access like stated on website, the velcro is useless. All in all, case is a piece of sh**. Don't even consider this.

ozlurker

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2007
Australia
Please post their response.

I have been disappointed with their service. They charged my credit card a week ago on an item that had not shipped and even worse, was on backorder. It is suppose to ship next week. They should not have notified the pre-order people when there was no product available.

I had the same issue with them charging my credit card a week ago and no shipment notice or any kind of information whatsoever. They then started stalling me using the excuse that I had not verified my shipping and billing address - strange considering they had managed to charge my card. I also wonder just when they were going to ask for this information given I had to contact them first before this issue came up. I ended up having to tell them twice, the second time having to get a little snippy with them. The next thing I get an e-mail saying it would ship either Tuesday or Wednesday but I have heard nothing since. Hmmmmmm :mad:

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2007
Very interesting...... I emailed them asking the status of mine...I ordered the day they told me it was available....Oct 22 I think. anyway they wrote me back today saying that there first two shipments did not meet their quality standards and so they were waiting for shipment 3 next week. I actually needed this case for an outing this weekend and so I wrote them and asked them to cancel my order and issue a credit to my CC. I will write again when I get a response.
I kinda feel sorry for them...I imagine they were swamped with orders for this.
I am also surprised, there AD stated things like tons of research went into designing it lol....

rydoggballer34

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
This is my exact email I sent them yesterday...

Hello,

I recently purchased the ipod touch leather case and it is terrible. Your web site advertises that it has top and bottom access, it doesn't. It in fact only has bottom access. The top is covered and I can't even reach my top button. The velcro is so cheap, I guarantee this will fall apart within the first month. The ipod also doesn't even fit tight in the compartment. I purchased from you guys thinking that this would be a decent case considering it was $40.00. No way that this thing is even worth that. Also there is a little hole for who knows what. Not sure if I was given some kind of defective case, but this is nothing like stated. Your website is false advertisement and I will definitely be getting this out to the public. You can't be serious about selling these to people for a whopping $40.00. This is absolute ridicules. Also I paid for the tracking number, but nope never got it. Just shows up on my door front today without warning. It was also almost 2 weeks after I ordered it that I received it. To put the icing on the cake, I don't even receive my screen protector at the same time of my case. Realistically, I should get this free. Better yet pay me to use this piece of junk. This product is horrible and I will definitely be writing a bad review on the mac forum. I will never buy anything from your store again. The product doesn't follow your motto "quality and affordability."

Ryan

Qianlong

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2004
the only hole I see is the opening for the wifi transmitter
some cases also have a hole for the light sensor

and I think you can still press the reset/off bottom through the leather

if you don't like ship it back and ask for a refund instead of asking for a freebie :rolleyes:

just write a review somewhere stating the good and or the bad things about the case instead of going all mad

I'm probably going for the Tuffwrap when they become available in the EU
http://www.xtrememac.com/cases/touch/tuffwrap/index.php

ozlurker

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2007
Australia
I e-mailed them just now after seeing this thread and I got a reply saying it had not shipped because of the bad batch blah,blah,blah. I am seriously considering telling them to cancel my order as I am losing interest by the second.

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2007
...the thing I am worried about is whether they will cancel it....I have not even checked to see if they charged my cc already.....It is not good business to charge people before the day of shipment. .......if they are being honest about the defective shipments then why have some people received them....hard to beleive they did'nt know before sending them out.

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2007
just bumping this to see if someone who got theres could post some photos....still hav'nt heard back from them

ipodinhtown

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2007
Well, that's disappointing. I was planning on getting that case (the thing that sold me on it was the fact that the case could also be used as a stand). If anyone gets one from the supposedly "better quality" batch, definitely let us know.

Here's a case that's very similar by Sena Cases:

http://www.senacases.com/Catalog/IPOD-TOUCH-CASES_3/Premium-Stand-Case-for-iPod-Touch

Has anyone used a case by Sena Cases before? Anyone able to comment on their quality? Any help would be appreciated.

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2007
thanks for the link Dude....as soon as I get my refund I may order the croco black :) it looks pretty cool...but another month of waiting

Nexxus

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2007
Auckland, New Zealand
Well, that's disappointing. I was planning on getting that case (the thing that sold me on it was the fact that the case could also be used as a stand). If anyone gets one from the supposedly "better quality" batch, definitely let us know.

Here's a case that's very similar by Sena Cases:

http://www.senacases.com/Catalog/IPOD-TOUCH-CASES_3/Premium-Stand-Case-for-iPod-Touch

Has anyone used a case by Sena Cases before? Anyone able to comment on their quality? Any help would be appreciated.

I have a Sena Case that I've been using on my HP2215 (which I will never replace until it dies) for the last 4 years. The case looks as good today as it did when I bought it. The quality of the leather and the workmanship is top notch. There is enough padding for protection, yet it isn't bulky. The HP2215 is notorious for the side rubber strips peeling off. Mine are nice and in tact, even after daily use. I have also dropped my PPC many times, as you do and the cover protected it every time. I give Sena cases a 5 :D out of 5 :D.

Until the Sena Touch cases are delivered, I purchased a DLO leather case for protection now and for the price it's quite good, but I still prefer the Sena.

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2007
has anyone heard from them? I wrote them over the weekend asking for my order to be cancelled and never got a response

rydoggballer34

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
wow... I emailed them on Thursday and still no response. This is uncalled for. These guys need to get there head out of their a** and make their loyal customers happy.

DocVT

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2006
My Ez Gear leather case came today. The pictures on their site are pretty accurate. The site pictures do not show the hole for the belt clip (see the iPhone pictures) on the front of the case - this detracts from its appearance. Also, leather covers the switch on the top - it can be pressed through the leather, but it would have been better to have it visible. The case is slightly padded and would protect it well if dropped. The Velcro closure is small so that you cannot put too much in the card slots.

The Sena case seems to be better, for the same price. I had a Sena case for my iPAQ and it was well made and well designed.

ozlurker

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2007
Australia
My case came today and I am fairly happy with the quality of it. As others have said there is no access to the top switch which is a little annoying but not a show stopper. It also came with a belt clip and screw for attaching later but I will not use this. Lastly it also came with an invisible shield which once on looks good and seems to protect well. The Sena cases do look better but this one has cost me enough for now so it will do for me. While I am happy enough with the case I can honestly say that I will not deal with ezgear/audio outfitters again.

rydoggballer34

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Yea...I've emailed them numerous times throughout last week and this weekend...I got no response to any emails. Thats just fine because I will be calling their 1-800 number and reaming them a new a** hole. They are terrible people to deal with and don't respect their customers. From what I am hearing, its not just me but everybody. Still after 3 weeks no screen protector either. Wow

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.