Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phtosynthesis

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2007
Hi, I just installed XP in BootCamp alongside my Leopard install and i'm trying to figure out how to connect to the internet in XP. I connect wirelessly with an airport express base station on my imac, but i'm unsure of how to get it working with XP. thank you.

induce

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2007
I'm not sure whether or not you've used Windows before but after installing the drivers I simply configured the Airport wireless device like any other wireless device. Let's say you're base station's running DHCP. Just go to Control Panel -> Network Connections and right click the airport device. I don't remember whatever the name was right now but you should be able to figure it out. Most likely there's only one wireless device, if not the bluetooth device shows up as well. Anyhow, choose preferences for the connection and that should bring up a new window.

Here you can change settings for IP and choose from available network (second tab). Most networks shows up automatically but you can add networks manually as well. IIRC you should be able to pull up a list of all the available networks from the second tab.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.