Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

.macstiled

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
So does this mouse have issues pairing with Mac OS X after a reboot, or do I just have a faulty unit? I also have the Logitech BT Travel mouse, have tested it on both my MB and MBP, and it's discovered fine after a reboot. The Kensington has to be re-paired on both laptops after rebooting, and this was under both Tiger and Leopard.

I'm hoping it's just a faulty unit, because I really like the feel of this mouse. The grip, and the acceleration feel really good to me. But I don't leave my laptops on, and tend to boot up several times a day, and this constant re-pairing is the biggest pain ever.

Anyone use the Kensington? The full name is the Kensington PilotMouse Bluetooth Optical Mini.

.macstiled

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
So it was a conflict with the new Apple wireless keyboard. Odd how the Logitech doesn't have an issue with this, but I found a workaround I can deal with. So long as I turn off both the Logitech BT mouse and Apple BT keyboard when I boot up the MB, the Kensington is recognized fine by the OS, so no need for a re-pairing fiasco using the trackpad. Then I can turn the mouse and keyboard back on with no issues (that I've seen).

Anyway, in case anyone ever has the same problem... that's one solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.