Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMaelstrom

macrumors member
Original poster
I clicked a link from a google search and got this:
the URL was http://www.apple.com/imac/theater3.html

I captured it and refreshed, but it didn't do it again.
could this be another apple oops?? Is this how the new one'll look?

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 335

jzieske

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2003
Bloomington, MN
Interesting, I got the same page when I tried the link. If that is the new design I have a couple questions.

a) What is iReview?
b) What is iCards?
c) Why does it list iTools? Shouldn't that be .mac?

It seems odd that they would design new pages with old information like iTools.

bdguyton1

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2003
Old

That is the VERY old Apple page layout. iReview was where they put all the press reviews of their products; iCards were where you could send an e-card to anyone for free (before charging for .mac, all of that stuff was free). iTools used to be the free .mac. The red apple logo was there for a while...then it disappered. Promise, it's not a new layout.

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
Re: Old

Originally posted by bdguyton1
That is the VERY old Apple page layout. iReview was where they put all the press reviews of their products; iCards were where you could send an e-card to anyone for free (before charging for .mac, all of that stuff was free). iTools used to be the free .mac. The red apple logo was there for a while...then it disappered. Promise, it's not a new layout.

Actually, iReview is where Apple reviewed websites on a regular basis so people could read about quality sites. It didn't list any apple product reviews. This went the way of kidsafe...or whatever they were calling it.

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
Re: Old

Originally posted by bdguyton1

Oh, and iCards are STILL free...you don't need to me a paying meber of .Mac to use them. They are still listed under the .Mac tab but anyone, even windows users, can use and send them.

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
Jesus you guys, click the link and scroll down the page. Now, see the link for QT "4"? Ah, what version is currently out now?

Next.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
Nah...sometimes I like poking around because there are all kinds of old Apple designs and templates from years past that you can sometimes run into. It's fun for a quick trip down memory lane.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.