Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Franko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
Pacific Northwest
My daughter needs a voice recorder for lectures at school. Been looking at digital ones with USB links. Any recomendations? We want to record lectures, load to her iBook, encode in mp3, and download to her iPod for easy reference. Or..........will iPods be able to
record in the near future? Any advice?

Frank

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2002
Wow I wish My Dad was like you!

I wouldn't count on an iPod recording anytime soon.

(BTW if you are going to go to all of that trouble, she should burn a few CD's with the MP3's for a class and sell them to class mates. Or at least that is what I would do.;))

TyleRomeo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2002
New York
Re: Voice Recorders

Originally posted by Franko
My daughter needs a voice recorder for lectures at school. Been looking at digital ones with USB links. Any recomendations? We want to record lectures, load to her iBook, encode in mp3, and download to her iPod for easy reference. Or..........will iPods be able to
record in the near future? Any advice?

Frank

wait for tues the 16th, steve might give futher enhancements to the 3rd gen iPods.

Tyler

legion

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2003
You could just use the whole iBook as a recorder and save yourself the money and the transfer process. (the iBook would, in this case, just use the mic and the hard drive would become a hard drive recorder. Plenty of apps to record to your hard drive and it works quite well (sound quality, though mono mixed out to both channels, but that's to be expected.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.