Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

APPLEFAN8

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
NJ/GA/FL
Probably the sickest online game for PS3! I love it. I got it for 40 bucks(game only) and I got a headset that retails for 50 in stores on ebay for 16 bucks off ebay! Anyone else love this game? I do!

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Beautiful game it is....I haven't been on much but If you want to get own then add me.

I haven't been playing much.....I'm getting myself ready for Silent Hill origins and COD4.

Right now I'm in a PSP sort of mood so I'm jamming manhunt 2

Bless

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
I don't have a PS3 yet, but I am planing on buying one. Warhawk looks sweet and I know I will buy it when I get my PS3. Along with Motorstorm and Ratchet and Clank.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
From Commander to Wingman in one second

With the new software update (1.1?), I just lost all my stats, and the game froze on me. Never had a single problem before, this sucks.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
I think it was yesterday...? At first the game started, and there were no Sony servers available, just private ones. Then the next I started the game, it prompted me to download the upgrade, which I approved. It then downloaded and installed pretty much automatically. Next thing I know, my stat history seems to be reset.

APPLEFAN8

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
NJ/GA/FL
I've played this game for 10 hours so far and I have only had it for 22! lol I love this game! Then on the 13th I get assasins creed and then on the 4th of december I get HAZE! I can't wait

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
What's that like ? The Eye of Judgment

The Eye of Judgment is great if you have someone sitting across from you playing. Card detection works amazingly well, everything is very fast. There is a lot more strategy involved that I thought there would be. I've never played 1 of these card battle games before.

Single player is fun, and is a good training exercise. There is no story or any progression at all, it's just 1 game, finish, want to play again?

Online is what lets the game down. You need to register your deck of 30 cards (you can save up to 8 decks). When you go online the computer picks the cards for you _BUT_ you have still have to place them on the mat. This means when the game first starts you have to go through your deck and pick out the cards you will be playing with. You also have to wonder if people are cheating using scanned cards. Both of these make the online lame at best.

Online would have been great if you played with a virtual deck and didn't need to have the camera set up, and riffle through your cards to find the 1 the computer had drawn for you.

Single Player/Player across from you = 8.5/10 from me
Online = 5/10

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
I got Warhawk for christmas and I'm loving it too. :)

Couple of questions though:
What does "expert"/"pro" (can't remember what it's called) flight mode do?
Is there a 'talk' button for the headset, I couldn't seem to find it written anywhere. Is it L3?

Anyway, awesome game. I keep getting owned in the planes when missiles lock on, although they can be avoided by turning on afterburners then going nuts with the right analogue stick. :eek::D

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Yes, Talk button is L3

Warhawk Pro Flight Mode gives you more control over the aircraft.
(it essentially takes away the automated maneuvers)

deomstration

I'm loving the Dropships and new map!
Sgt Major Coded-Dude out.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Hey, I figured out you just create your own "host game" with a min of 1 player and password protect so that you're the only one in the arena. Time to practice.

So, if anyone sees the game "MR Practice", you can try the password "macrumors" and join me...

chadrob30

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007
In front of my Mac.
I picked it up today, and all I can say is it's different. I'm used to COD 4 so the control scheme is goofy right now, lol. It'll get better with time. Plus the bluetooth headset works great with the iPhone so I got a double whammy...:D

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
So I've had it for a while now. Sweet game, pretty addicting. I just hate it when some guy tries to steal my flag to get points....

buffalo

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2005
Tacoma, WA
Well, I ordered the game this past Saturday, and picked it up Sunday. Haven't had a chance to play it though. That will probably have to wait until this weekend. It will be nice to have a headset for this game and COD4 for good communication.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
I never could learn to like this game. Traded it in on Burnout Paradise. Great move.

Do you not like FPS type games? Were you tired of always getting killed and slowely being able to rank? Seems like the genre that WH is in isn't what you wanted just based on the fact that you traded it in for a arcade racer.

WH is a great game for some quick battles, I like how they don't last too long and its just enough to where i can load up the game (I bought the PSN Version) get a quick battle in and then do something else 20-30min later.

Ed

chadrob30

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007
In front of my Mac.
Do you not like FPS type games? Were you tired of always getting killed and slowely being able to rank? Seems like the genre that WH is in isn't what you wanted just based on the fact that you traded it in for a arcade racer.

WH is a great game for some quick battles, I like how they don't last too long and its just enough to where i can load up the game (I bought the PSN Version) get a quick battle in and then do something else 20-30min later.

Ed

I like FPS just fine. As a matter of fact, it's what I play most. But after playing the masterpiece called COD 4 it was hard to like Warhawk. I bought Burnout for a change of pace. Burnout is a superior game to Warhawk, albeit a different genre. (at least I got a Bluetooth headset out of the deal, so it wasn't a total waste) ;)

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Just picked this up w/BT headset at Target for $39.99. Have not played it yet, but thought I would pass along the deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.