Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josheua

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
United States
Just wondering guys, I recently visited my local Apple store and noticed that the recently updated macbooks and macbook pros seem to be having some issues with dashboard and a few other graphical features. Whenever I brought it up after letting it sit for a while, the display seemed to lag/glitch before finally pulling up dashboard. I was wondering, has anyone else experienced/seen this issue? Is it related to just upgrading the operating system such that an archive and install will not cause/fix the problem? Give me your thoughts (in a non-creepy, non-evil, non-serial killer sort of way)

Josheua

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
United States
If you could all, for sake of troubleshooting, please list the specifications of the computer you are using it on and the method of install/upgrade you chose in your migration to Leopard.

jajo

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2007
I have a Macbook Pro 17" 1920x1200 2.4ghz, 2gb ram and Dashboard/Expose is much slower on Leopard comparing with Tiger. When I open dashboard it just appears after a few seconds without the fade-in effect! Sometimes I get like 1/4 fps on the fade-in effect. I did an archive & install with settings kept (but I had barely used Tiger, just ran the default stuff like Mail).

Anyone with Leopard on a MBP 17" 2.4ghz hi-res without this issue (perfectly smooth dashboard)?

/ Jacob

freewill

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2007
I have a Macbook Pro 17" 1920x1200 2.4ghz, 2gb ram and Dashboard/Expose is much slower on Leopard comparing with Tiger. When I open dashboard it just appears after a few seconds without the fade-in effect! Sometimes I get like 1/4 fps on the fade-in effect. I did an archive & install with settings kept (but I had barely used Tiger, just ran the default stuff like Mail).

Anyone with Leopard on a MBP 17" 2.4ghz hi-res without this issue (perfectly smooth dashboard)?

/ Jacob

I have the same MBP config and dashboard has seemed smooth to me, but will pay closer attention when next using it. FWIW, I did a clean install for Leopard.

jajo

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2007
I did a clean install and upgraded to 10.5.1 - still no improvement. The genie effect while minimizing programs is very sluggish. Dashboard also.

I've seen the same effect on all MBP 17" with Leopard that I have tried (in stores and from friends).

Hoping for an update soon...

/ Jacob

boppin

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2008
Germany
Just wondering guys, I recently visited my local Apple store and noticed that the recently updated macbooks and macbook pros seem to be having some issues with dashboard and a few other graphical features.

Did you ever contact Apple for this issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.