Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cbrain

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 9, 2006
North-East, UK
Hi,

I am hoping to get an 8GB iPod Touch. When 3rd Party apps become available in February, will 8GB be enough to hold a few?

I would think so because iPhone users are getting along just fine at the moment with unsigned Apps but what do you think?

Thanks.

ohio state fan

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2007
Hi,

I am hoping to get an 8GB iPod Touch. When 3rd Party apps become available in February, will 8GB be enough to hold a few?

I would think so because iPhone users are getting along just fine at the moment with unsigned Apps but what do you think?

Thanks.
8g is plenty of space. That's what I have and I have about 30 third party apps and about 700 songs with still plenty of room left.

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
Hi,

Thanks.
The apps aren't that big. You'll be able to hold a lot on there even if your device is almost (~100mb left, maybe) full.

cbrain

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 9, 2006
North-East, UK
Ok thanks. I think I'll ask for an 8GB model for Christmas.

By the way, what do you all think of the iPod Touch?

mmfy

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2007
Ok thanks. I think I'll ask for an 8GB model for Christmas.

By the way, what do you all think of the iPod Touch?

I have a palm 680 and trust me, mobile apps are pettys mall despie their complexity!
As to the Touch - I think it's great except for a few missing features (usual suspects wrt Apple products - no FM, limited formats)..but it's got a great screen, size and wifi surfing..I've bought one myself!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.