PDA

View Full Version : Astrological "Apple Expo" predictions!!!

MacBliss
Sep 13, 2003, 04:34 AM
After weeks, nay, months of listening to my whining, moaning and miserating about my not yet being able to buy my Rev. B 17" PB, one of my female co-worker, an avid astrology student, finally offered, as an act of mercy, no doubt, to draw an event chart (as opposed to a traditional horoscope which purports to reveal a _person's_ personality and life trends) for the date, time and location of Steve' keynote address: September 16, 10am, Paris, France.

Now, while she is freakingly good at interpreting horoscopes (I'm speaking from personal experience. She did mine 10 months ago and I am still freaked out by her accuracy) she made it clear to me that she is very new at interpreting event charts, which apparently is a specialty in itself, and that what she would tell me would only be her best guesses.

Also, while she is always very full of praise for the macs we have in the office(we have 8 macs, 3 PCs) she is be no means a hard core Mac fan. What she knows about the Mac news scene, she knows mostly through what I share with her almost daily. In any case, after asking me a few questions about the most recent rumors and news, she made the following comments while looking over the event chart (re-assembled from my quick notes):

"Saturn high in the tenth house shows public/customer confidence in Apple will strongly falter as result of keynote. People will most likely not hear what they wanted to hear. Overall tone of event will be somber. Saturn nearly always brings disappointment, obstacles, frustration and DELAYS. Though you can expect Steve Jobs to put some "twist" on these news as to almost make them sound like good news" (that's from someone who has never heard Steve Jobs talk before!)!

"Still, other indicators point to announcement of at least 2 new products or services. One completely unexpected, the other having to do with some kind of partnership, but both seem related to music or the arts". (hmm... ITMS for Windows? European ITMS?)

"As regards to your powerbooks. Something IS going on behind the scene, in great secrecy, though Steve Jobs will certainly give no indications of what. There are clear indications that they are indeed being readied, but again, in great secrecy, and not quite yet. They might end up being more "special" than anyone expected. (!! PB G5?! or Dual G4 PB?!) If they are announced, they will not get into the public's hand until 1st week of October, at the earliest. Though once they get released, they could well become one of Apple's most desirable offering. There will clearly be something "special" about them. You will see what I mean when they come out."

There you have it folks. Take it for what it's worth, to you. Nonsense, a joke, amusing, interesting, entertaining, what have you. I just thought I'll share it with you all, in the spirit of pre-expo jittering expectations. We'll see soon enough. ;)

ColoJohnBoy
Sep 13, 2003, 05:06 AM
Let's hope your friend's right. I'll wait a few weeks for a G5 PowerBook. hell, I'll wait a few weeks for anything, as long as I know it's coming!

alia
Sep 13, 2003, 07:53 AM
Hrm... I'm trying to reconcile her words about 'disappointment' with the secrecy around the PB release... it seems like there's a little contradiction there. I mean, if these PBs were so special, why would we be disappointed?

I don't know. Interesting though!

Alia

Freg3000
Sep 13, 2003, 08:19 AM
Someone call Ms. Cleo.

redAPPLE
Sep 13, 2003, 08:31 AM
i wonder which other rumor-site does this, horoscope-astrology-prediction-stuff...

thanks for making the wait until tuesday amusing :)

G5orbust
Sep 14, 2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Freg3000
Someone call Ms. Cleo.

Ms. Cleo was a sham. Its really a shame that today's phone psychics have to worry about their jobs too. Youd think, though, that if they were real, that they would have seen it coming and saved up some money.

yujini
Sep 14, 2003, 12:34 AM
sh********t

i'm starting to believe her!
wootwoot.

I'd be willing to wait another month if they are gonna release
the G5 powerbook.

Freg3000
Sep 14, 2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by G5orbust
Ms. Cleo was a sham. Its really a shame that today's phone psychics have to worry about their jobs too. Youd think, though, that if they were real, that they would have seen it coming and saved up some money.

Speaking of Cleo.....

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/mscleo.html

Is there a gentleman in your life?
-No
Did he used to play football when he was in high school?
-No
Is he incarcerated?
-No
Ya, Dats da daddy.

:D

NavyIntel007
Sep 14, 2003, 11:34 AM
What a nut job... lol. j.k. :D :cool:

joeyjojoe
Sep 14, 2003, 12:06 PM
hey MacBliss, how about I fax you a picture of my hand and you have your friend read it.