Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA
Just thought I'd start a thread where people can congrat or ask whats up to other people folding.

Or even brag, taunt when you pass someone you've been battling with for a few weeks. (I debated if this was a good thing, but since I more than doubled my speed when Rower threatened my position... I think it might inspire others as well.) Oh yeah, keep it clean ;).

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA
Just in case: I figured the "Folding Ranking" thread was way long and was more directed to the TEAM'S rank and score.

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Ok, I challenge ANYONE to pass me. Right now I am currently ranked 58, and am folding 850 points per week. Considering that I have only 2 PCs and a 733MHZ mac, I'm sure some of you can pass me. There are 6 green people behind me, if you want to pass me anytime soon you will need to get into the yellow.

Also, I challenge anyone to fend me off, I am currently producing the 13th most points per week, so I have a bunch of you to pass within the next month or two.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Haha, thats nothing. My ONE PC pumps out about 60-70 points a day, average 450 points per week.

Thats all I fold with, and I don't have it folding all the time.

I am sure if I put all my computers on it, I would be getting around 800 points per week, but I would rather not

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
How about this:

I dare no one else to PASS me!

HA!

:(

I mean sure some people under 120 can keep switching names so when the get near me they just change their name and don't pass me.

Or someone can donate their points to me... :p

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA
Laugh.

I hope my seeds of evil will have our team grow :p.

As for my taunt, it seems mc68k is being mean to Rower. Why take your comps back from him? We need some more people in 100k club and he is close :(.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
i must confess we'd have like 3000+ more points a week, but a certain mac rc5 team really needs my help

i know my dissenting as of late has sparked major output, so i'm very happy about that

bert[in]man is my new hero. seriously, i've never been prouder of our team's output. way to go guys! :D

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA
Originally posted by mc68k
i must confess we'd have like 3000+ more points a week, but a certain mac rc5 team really needs my help

i know my dissenting as of late has sparked major output, so i'm very happy about that

bert[in]man is my new hero. seriously.

oh gosh! *blush* I don't know what to say.

Golem

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2003
Sydney,Australia
Originally posted by Vlade
Ok, I challenge ANYONE to pass me. Right now I am currently ranked 58, and am folding 850 points per week. Considering that I have only 2 PCs and a 733MHZ mac, I'm sure some of you can pass me. There are 6 green people behind me, if you want to pass me anytime soon you will need to get into the yellow.

Also, I challenge anyone to fend me off, I am currently producing the 13th most points per week, so I have a bunch of you to pass within the next month or two.

Well considering your the one who just passed me(59) I cant see myself catching up anytime soon. Good output for 3 machines.

Technically I have 4 but it works out I get good output from 1 pc, 1 wu per week from a g4 533 tower, 1 wu every 2 weeks from a my personal g4 800 tower which has very few spare processor cycles:) and normally I get Good output from a testing PC at work but someone decided they wanted to test terminal server and after installing windows 2000 server totally stuffed the machine from doing anything else. Need to back it up, Reinstall win 2000 professional and reinstall normal software just so I put it back on folding and at the moment I havent got the time to do it.

LordMord

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2003
London - UK
I am slowing down...

Dam moisy G4 is making me have to put it to sleep when I go to bed even though its in another room! When my G5 arrives, I'm hoping to fold 24/7...although it may make those fans kick in in which case...

Anyway when that G5 arrives I will move the G4 to another location and start 24/7 folding on it again. I will also be getting another 3 computers for work so those will fold too...

Ima catch all you suckas!

bbarnhart

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2002
I recently broke into the top 20 for the MacRumors team. I've got 5 machines folding. What is the deal with the big spike a few days ago?

Thom_Edwards

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2003
i just made it past 4000 pts and in the top 50! and if extremeoverclocking is right, i should be pretty close to 45th by mid-october which is my birthday! it's the little things in life that make me smile...

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
Well I'm slowly crawling through the ranks, myself. I just started Folding last month and already I am ranked 138 with nearly 1100 points. I hope to break into the top 100s by Halloween, reach 75 by Thanksgiving, and by Christmas get around the top 50s. The PCs at home crash like crazy, so I lose quite a few, but the laptop I have here keeps churning them out without complaints and I will probably be Folding on my new PowerBook once I get it all set up, as well.

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
Originally posted by bbarnhart
What is the deal with the big spike a few days ago?

Do you mean the one on the extremeoverclocking stats page? That spike is because the page was down for a couple of days, and the accumulated points were added in one fell swoop. Hence the spike.

bbarnhart

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2002
Originally posted by britboy
Do you mean the one on the extremeoverclocking stats page? That spike is because the page was down for a couple of days, and the accumulated points were added in one fell swoop. Hence the spike.

Yes, that makes sense. Thanks

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Uhg, my brother isn't leaving his PC on 24/7 now, only about 7 hours a day, so their goes about 1/3rd of my production, and the SSE boost on my AMD machine stopped working(causing freezes), so their goes 30% speed on my AMD machine, looks like i'm down to white (almost green).

On the good news, their are 4 potential macs in my school to use (3 emacs and a FP imac), bad news is I haven't had time to install the scripts, and mc68ks scripts are down.

:(

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Well, I finally broke 1000 today, currently standing at 1061, with a rank 0f 161 which is mildly amusing...

I'm not shifting big numbers, as my main machine is the PowerBook, and it gets used for a lot of audio and video, there's a 500 Mhz G4 in the office now as well, but all the iMacs have been reclaimed by their owners and they won't leave them on overnight.

I have hopes for a new lab of G5 1.8Ghz machines, but at the moment they aren't connected to the network.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.