Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IamNobody

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Hello,

Does anyone know any automator workflow to boot an Intel Mac into Windows through Bootcamp ? I've tried recording workflow that clicks the system preferences buttons for the startup disk, but it didn't work. I want to be able to reboot into Windows with a single click.

Thanks !
:apple:

tejasjayaraman

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2010
Automator Script!

IamNobody:

In automator, create an application:

- Add Apple Script

- Remove any lines that come default, and insert these.

do shell script "bless -mount /Volumes/EDIT_ME/ -legacy -setBoot -nextonly" password "EDIT_ME" with administrator privileges
do shell script "shutdown -r now" with administrator privileges

- Then click the Hammer icon and you should get it in the correct format.

- Edit the fields EDIT_ME (ex: "BOOTCAMP") to whatever the corresponding values are in your computer. If you do not require a password to change your system settings, then you do not need the (password "EDIT_ME") line.

- Save!

If you double click the application you just created, you should go to windows directly.

flying-dutchman

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2009
automatically boot from external boot disk

Hi there,

I tried this script, to boot the system from another (external) boot disk - mostly because I'm quite annoyed, I always have to type the password (since 10.6) to be able to change the boot volume.
The system didn't boot though, mentioning something like "no boot volume was found, please enter boot volume and continue with any key"...

Should I modify this script somehow, in order to have it work with something else but Bootcamp?
Or does the scripting have to be altered because we have 10.6 now?

Cheers, FD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.