PDA

View Full Version : I might have fixed my ibook...Lets hope so

Star Destroyer
Nov 4, 2007, 10:46 PM
Okay, so does anyone remember that huge ibook recall for the faulty solder on the logic boards?

Well, i had never thought twice until recently, so i searched a couple sites and 'opened' mine up (all i did was take the bottem case off) so i roughly sited where the faulty GPU chip was and taped 2 CD's between the silver case and the white outer case (and forced the white case back on, which was crazy hard, i dont recommend it).

The guides i was reading had said to go all the way down to the GPU itself and 'shim' it directly, but i was running into to many issues with screws and the proper size screw drivers, so i stopped and slapped on some 'Me first and the Gimmie Gimmies" CD's and put it back together!

So far, it works fine.. No more horizontal lines, no more freezing, i can move it like i do my macbook. Nothing. I am hoping this 'shim' will act as if i was squeezing the GPU in place, and it stays.

Thought i would let you guys know incase someone is suffering from the same problem.

If you can hear the start up Chime, throw in some CD's and it might work!

Good Luck.

(Take note i did nothing other then take off the white bottem case, no further)

Mindflux
Nov 5, 2007, 12:10 AM
you should have used some wankster kfed cd's, not MFATGG. :(

Star Destroyer
Nov 5, 2007, 12:23 AM
you should have used some wankster kfed cd's, not MFATGG. :(

Well if it makes you feel any better, they were the burned copies i got before i bought the CD's.. So they werent REAL MFATGGs, so no one fear..

Also, i would not buy such terrible music.