PDA

View Full Version : I can't see my newly bought ipod shuffle 3rd Gen in itunes

stanleyzhang
Nov 5, 2007, 12:36 AM
:confused:Help!!

I have newly purchased a ipod shuffle 1G 3rd Gen(purple)yesterday, but when I connected it through included dock and then start my leopard, itunes did not recognize it in its sidebar, nor appear in the finder, but the orange light begin to flash on my shuffle, which means it had connected to the mac.

So i disconnected it from my mac and then plug it into the dock again while the itunes is up running, it appears, so I load it with my purchased music and shut the leopard down.

Again when I start the mac and nothing happened, I do have checked the setting " start itunes when plugin the ipod" option all the time, so I supposed it can start itunes just like my other ipods did when they are in my other dock!

So what's the problem with my shuffle, I have tried to reset it for several times but it only can be recognized by itunes when i plug it in after the itunes is started. I have the latest version of itunes.

Thanks for those who kindly provided help:rolleyes:

samh004
Nov 5, 2007, 12:59 AM
I'm not sure if this is a common problem or not, but I doubt it's an issue, my iPod does the same. The nano loads iTunes when I turn my computer on, but the shuffle just flashes orange and doesn't connect. It's not an issue to be honest, it's not hard to pull the shuffle off the dock and immediately put it back on it...

And seeing as it works after that, there's no problem. It should even my charging anyway so although it wont sync automatically when you turn on the computer, it's not a hard process to make it do so.