PDA

View Full Version : [UK] Regent Street Meet Thread

RossoA
Nov 5, 2007, 03:57 AM
Put your time you will be getting to the Apple Store in Regents.

6am, Friday 9th. :D

vendettabass
Nov 5, 2007, 04:19 AM
wow so early!

ajjpmckee
Nov 5, 2007, 04:59 AM
I'll be getting there - but not that early!

Are you arriving at that time for the atmosphere or to ensure you get a phone.

l33r0y
Nov 5, 2007, 05:21 AM
He wants to get on the telly! ;)

ImAliveUK
Nov 5, 2007, 05:23 AM
Im off all day but not sure what time to go - maybe just before 5 or something?

Kev

illitrate23
Nov 5, 2007, 05:31 AM
i was hoping to get there early, like 9am or 10am and see where the queue is up to, if it's not too big then head down to Hamleys and wander around looking for xmas presents, then check the queue again, get lunch and then join at the end

but have caught the flu at the weekend so the idea of standing around in the freezing cold is less appealing now :-(
i saw the farming weather forecast on sunday that gives the 7 days outlook, and while it should be bright and only slightly overcast on friday, it's gonna be very windy - tempretures at 10 celcius but will feel colder in the wind. so remember to take your skiing jackets or russian army coats or just a big massive duvet or something

so i'll probably just turn up about 5pm and join the queue at Leicester Sq :-)

ibanana
Nov 5, 2007, 05:53 AM
Put your time you will be getting to the Apple Store in Regents.

6am, Friday 9th. :D

6 am ??!!! you definitely be the first mate !
i think i'll go at about 3pm with my psp and a good movie to watch!

illitrate23
Nov 5, 2007, 06:11 AM
Rosso,
will you have any means of being able to post to this thread on friday morning without loosing your place in the queue? is there wifi in the apple store that you'd be able to make use of?
you can give us all an idea if the queue starts to fill up quickly in the morning or not, that way the rest of us can sleep in on friday morning :D

helo
Nov 5, 2007, 06:50 AM
"is there wifi in the Apple Store?"
:)

*tim from the office look to camera*

Jarcrew
Nov 5, 2007, 07:10 AM
There's a Subway just down the road from the Apple store that I will be in at 5:30pm.

RossoA
Nov 5, 2007, 07:59 AM
Yeah I'm gonna be there with my MacBook posting and taking photos so I'll keep you guys up to date from when I sit my ass down :)

ibanana
Nov 5, 2007, 08:55 AM
Yeah I'm gonna be there with my MacBook posting and taking photos so I'll keep you guys up to date from when I sit my ass down :)

thanks in advance for that mate !

Oh-es-Ten
Nov 5, 2007, 09:42 AM

Great. I will swing by on my way to work in the morning to see if there is anyone else as keen as you there!

Then I will be heading down at 4:30 to join the end of the line.

When I asked my boss about leaving work early for this, she just said 'I think I'll come and join you'. Sweet. :)

RossoA
Nov 5, 2007, 10:35 AM
When I asked my boss about leaving work early for this, she just said 'I think I'll come and join you'. Sweet. :)

Haha! Awesome. I wish my boss was as cool as yours! Of course I only have to see them 3 days a week.

Student Life :cool:

RossoA
Nov 5, 2007, 10:37 AM
P.S. If you hear Europe's "The Final Countdown", you know you are near me! :D

paulobrad
Nov 5, 2007, 11:50 AM
P.S. If you hear Europe's "The Final Countdown", you know you are near me! :D

Awesome tune...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_BpWxN2Q5uQ

SayCheese
Nov 5, 2007, 05:53 PM
I should be there.
I am thinking that I should get there about 4pm. I reckon a couple of hours should get me a reasonable place in the queue.

Does anyone know if Apple are likely to give away freebies like t-shirts etc on the launch?

redgaz26
Nov 5, 2007, 06:13 PM
I should be there.
I am thinking that I should get there about 4pm. I reckon a couple of hours should get me a reasonable place in the queue.

Does anyone know if Apple are likely to give away freebies like t-shirts etc on the launch?

hopefully jumpers it was freezing in glasgow today!:D:D

RossoA
Nov 6, 2007, 02:59 AM
hopefully jumpers it was freezing in glasgow today!:D:D

haha! That would rule so much :D

I've checked the weather with BBC and it's gonna be sunny in London! :)

Still trying to blag one of the cool T-Shirts the O2 people are wearing in my local shop.

I dunno what's cooler - Leopard or a iCal icon of Nov 9th? :cool:

wasimyaqoob
Nov 6, 2007, 03:00 AM
haha, i might come and show off my iPhone which is unlocked and fully working which i've had for 2 months! :D LOVE IT

RossoA
Nov 6, 2007, 09:36 AM
Screw you!

O2 FTW - I want to be able to update my software without having to worry about turning my phone into a paperweight :o

EDIT: Only 3 days to go!! :D

MacDonaldsd
Nov 6, 2007, 03:40 PM
Il be there at around 4-4:30.

I have Uni before hand so I can't get there any earlier :(

SayCheese
Nov 7, 2007, 01:34 AM
Are we MacRumours people actually going to identify ourselves to each other or are we just going to stand there and wonder in silence if I have maybe chatted to the person next to me on here?

If we identify ourselves then how? Are we going to just wander up and down the line asking "Are you from MacRumours?"

Suggestions?

felixkunze
Nov 7, 2007, 05:13 AM
Are we MacRumours people actually going to identify ourselves to each other or are we just going to stand there and wonder in silence if I have maybe chatted to the person next to me on here?

If we identify ourselves then how? Are we going to just wander up and down the line asking "Are you from MacRumours?"

Suggestions?

I had this issue on the Leopard Launch. Kind of felt stupid (you have to remember this is the UK!) walking down the line asking "Are you from MacRumors?".

I don't have a solution to this problem but will say this. Anyone who's going early interested in earning a tenner? I'll gladly give that to someone who's reasonably far in the front to just say "Hey mate" when I arrive and pretend to be a buddy so I can get in line behind them. You can't do that for the front of the line but for the back, that's kind of socially acceptable right?

I'm just worried that there's gonna be a queue, like someone said, all the way to Leicester Square.

Oh yeah, I'll be there around 5:30pm, its a 1 1/2 hour trip but my boss is coming along!! Oh the fun.

RossoA
Nov 7, 2007, 05:14 AM
Well, I shall post pics of me in the line, and will be wearing a Leopard t-shirt, so I should be pretty easy to recognise! :D

For now, here's a shot:

http://gallery.mac.com/rosso.anderson/100111/Photo-2056/web.jpg

:cool:

iBlue
Nov 7, 2007, 05:18 AM
I'm most annoyed that I have a doctors appointment in the very near area on midday friday. I'll wave at you muppets queuing up. :p

lawalsey
Nov 7, 2007, 05:20 AM
I'm queing up from Friday morning , probably about 2am after a boozy iphone launch party (unofficial). Gonna try and be the first. If anyone is gonna be there i will bw the tall black guy with the messy afro!

Can't wait!!

:D

RossoA
Nov 7, 2007, 05:24 AM
2AM! :O

NOOOOOO!

I can't get there until around 6.30am!

Ah, well, I'll still be 2nd! :cool:

lawalsey
Nov 7, 2007, 05:41 AM
This is me.

http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/attach/jpg.gif

RossoA
Nov 7, 2007, 06:05 AM
Do I count as a geeky Apple girl? :p

lawalsey
Nov 7, 2007, 06:17 AM
if you got a free iphone, you can be my girl!

;)

hob
Nov 7, 2007, 07:01 AM
I'm kinda jealous... I love a launch party - was at Regent Street at 6am a few years ago when it first opened... Much fun, although totally insane!

I think I'll make it down for this meetup in about 2 years when there's a 3G iPhone. I can't understand why you'd want one right now... :o

MattDell
Nov 7, 2007, 07:20 AM
I'll be getting there around 8pm. Leave an iPhone for me, guys!

Mr Cloudman
Nov 7, 2007, 08:22 AM
Been reading lots of your posts - requests for free stuff, passing the time in the queue etc. Just to let you know a bunch of mentalists from The Cloud are going to be down on Regent Street from 4ish on Friday giving away freebies and offering the chance to win goodies.

For more info, join our facebook group!
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6045798262

felixkunze
Nov 7, 2007, 10:13 AM
I'll want to activate my new iBaby right away! But its a 1 1/2 hour trip back home. Anyone got any idea of how to do that in the store, should I bring my laptop? How long does it take? Is it a load of fumbling around with credit cards etc or is it simpler than that?

Maybe someone can set up something for people to activate their iPhones right away, there in regent street?

Just a thought.

ajjpmckee
Nov 7, 2007, 10:24 AM
I'll probably get down there for 4ish. My mate, he's ginger, will be joining me a bit later.

Do we think that people in the queue will have a problem with that.

The fact that he is joining me in the queue, that is, not the fact he is ginger!

illitrate23
Nov 7, 2007, 02:25 PM
one way to appease those in the queue around you is if he turns up with 8 large hot chocolates from Starbucks. one for you each, and 3 for the people behind you and 3 for the people in front

that way, a) it's obvious that he's a mate of yours and b) the rest of us standing nearby who have been freezing our butts off all day will be so appreciative of a hot drink we'll forgive just about anything (yes, may even forgive his being ginger :D)

if anyone turns up with a pepperoni pizza i'll happily let them in the line in front of me :)
(admittedly i'm not getting there until about 4pm......)

ibanana
Nov 7, 2007, 02:41 PM
This is me.

http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/attach/jpg.gif

nice glasses dude

Mr Cloudman
Nov 8, 2007, 06:05 AM
The queue has started!! We have pics of the first two people in line at 11.30am on Thursday on a our facebook group.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6045798262&ref=nf

redgaz26
Nov 8, 2007, 06:08 AM
well good on them but christ they'll be freezing!!!!!!!!!
someone take down some blankets for them:D

Loge
Nov 8, 2007, 06:53 AM
Looks like this is going to be a bigger queue than for Leopard then, which may or may not be a good thing depending on your point of view.

ajjpmckee
Nov 8, 2007, 07:05 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if they were going to get the queue to start from the other side of the door...

haha

lawalsey
Nov 8, 2007, 09:22 AM
The queue has started!! We have pics of the first two people in line at 11.30am on Thursday on a our facebook group.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6045798262&ref=nf

i feel sick. whhhhhhyyyy!!!! this is heavy stuff. might go straight after work ay 7pm today!!:eek:

jimmyroot
Nov 8, 2007, 11:33 AM
Nutters! Don't want to think about how cold its going to be there. Don't think I'd be able to operate the iPhone, or any phone come to that, after spending that much time in the cold; my hands would be numb!

Hoping to get there between 1 & 2PM tomorrow, was kindly allowed the day off work.

illitrate23
Nov 8, 2007, 12:30 PM
wow - that's very impressive
i thought the people turning up at 6am tomorrow was an impressive show, but turning up today is just amazing

i'm now thinking that maybe i should turn up a couple of hours earlier than i'd originally intended.

Doctor Q
Nov 8, 2007, 12:44 PM
Be sure to smile and wave (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected/main.jhtml?xml=/connected/2007/11/08/dlshop08.xml)! :)

snapper07
Nov 8, 2007, 12:51 PM
i'd be worried about still having my laptop in the morning sat on street in central london!!!
plus soo cold and wet!

good luck guys enjoy the buzz :D

macmike47
Nov 8, 2007, 01:42 PM
Oh man, I knew London would be better. Here in Cologne (the only place in Germany to launch at midnight) there was no sign of a queue, with only four hours left! And you guys are queuing, what, a whole day in advance?! That's so cool :D

Maybe it's a British thing. We like to queue :p

redgaz26
Nov 8, 2007, 02:34 PM
Oh man, I knew London would be better. Here in Cologne (the only place in Germany to launch at midnight) there was no sign of a queue, with only four hours left! And you guys are queuing, what, a whole day in advance?! That's so cool :D

Maybe it's a British thing. We like to queue :p

so there's a midnight launch in germany? why could they not have done that in the uk apple stores? there's not even an apple store in germany is there?

illitrate23
Nov 9, 2007, 04:05 AM
how come no updates to this thread? is anyone still in the queue? have they fallen asleep? are they just having too much damn fun to remember to post here and let the rest of us know how it is going???

heartsbleedblue
Nov 9, 2007, 02:17 PM
lawalsey just saw you on sky news. my pac code doesn't work... typical o2 ********. so it's just sitting there looking great. any one else having issues with PAC codes?