PDA

View Full Version : [UK] Edinburgh thread

Devil's Refugee
Nov 6, 2007, 02:26 AM
Where are you going for your iPhone in Edinburgh ?

Jebaloo
Nov 6, 2007, 05:38 AM
I think I'll be going to the Carphone Warehouse on North Bridge, just because it's close to me.

But I'm not queuing - I don't expect many queues in the UK, except for the main few apple stores. There are just SO many Carphone Warehouse and 02 stores that queues would be pretty unlikely. I have a choice of at least 5 places to pick up the iPhone within 10 minutes walk from my flat!

Devil's Refugee
Nov 6, 2007, 05:46 AM
Beginning to think you're right. There's 2 CPW and 2 O2 stores within a half mile radius of my work. Was considering going to a more obscure location to guarantee a phone but don't think I'll bother.

Not going to queue either, well not until after I knock off work anyway, pointless taking a day off for it.

Jebaloo
Nov 6, 2007, 06:07 AM
I'll probably rock up at 5.30 and grab a starbucks from across the road and chill out there till 6 (.02). If there IS a queue! Then I'll join it once I've got my coffee.

Jebaloo
Nov 9, 2007, 11:03 AM
Oops, just walked past the Carphone Warehouse in North Bridge only to find that it is now 'Specsavers'... shall have to head to Princes Street Store instead later.

Devil's Refugee
Nov 12, 2007, 02:14 AM
I did wonder as I drive past that every night.

How did you get on ?
I popped into Fort Kinnaird O2, 5th in line at 5pm. By 6pm there was a queue of around........10 :o

Wife laughed at me for queueing in the cold when I could've gone in on Saturday and bought one but she missed the point lol :D