PDA

View Full Version : What else are you buying with your iPhone on Friday?

Pointer
Nov 6, 2007, 04:45 AM
Hi guys,

Just curious to see what people are buying along with their iPhones on Friday when it is released in the UK/Germany. There hasn't been a lot of information around cases/headphones etc so I guess we don't even know what sort of cases will be in stock in Apple/O2/CPW stores. I am sure that they would have some cases at least, it is all about the money!

Personally I am looking around to see what sort of case would suit my needs best, don't really want to put the beautiful iPhone in a case but I definately don't want it getting scratched up or damaged either. I am looking at getting an iskin revo in nighthawk black (available on ebay for 19.99 right now) but have heard a few whispers about it being a bit hard to hit the spacebar with the case on so need to check it out a bit more. I want a case that will still show off the iPhone to it full potential rather than change the look of it completely. Any good case review sites? On macnn.com right now having a look through their reviews.

I don't think I will be picking up the bluetooth headset, they never seem to sit in my ear properly and hopefully the speakerphone will do me fine when I am driving.

I would like a pair of vmoda headphones with the little remote/mic thing on but not sure if I can justify the cost, will have to have a wee think about it.

So in summary, I will get a case for my iPhone on Friday if I haven't managed to get one before then, I may get a pair of headphones and I will definitely get a 15 iTunes Card so that I can purchase some videos to go on my shiny new toy.

What will YOU be buying with your iPhone on Friday?

Pointer

Frozentoast
Nov 6, 2007, 06:26 AM
Personally I'm thinking of ordering something like the invisibleSHIELD (http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/APLIPHONE.html) or BodyGuardz (http://www.bodyguardz.com/BodyGuardz_for_Apple_iPhone_p/nl-baip-0407.htm) skin.

funkyshaker
Nov 6, 2007, 09:32 AM
I used the Invisible Shield on mine.

Take your time with it though. Mine looks excellent - can hardly see it on there.

RossoA
Nov 6, 2007, 09:35 AM
A pizza :D

illitrate23
Nov 6, 2007, 10:09 AM
an iPizza, is that? :-)

i'm not going to bother getting a case or screen protector or anything. i've had an iPod Touch since they were released, been carrying it around in my pocket nearly every day since - the screen is still perfect and totally unmarked (the back of the ipod looks like the back of any ipod of course, but i'm getting to like the "brushed" look).

i'd like to get bluetooth headset, although not sure i'd really use it, but i really can't afford it. had a panic earlier this week when i realised i couldn't actually afford the iPhone either - but then i discovered an old credit card with 300 quid available balance on it, so i rushed around yesterday re-activating it and working out what the pin number is. phew!

i saw a funky desk stand for it - the PED3 i think it's called - i'm half tempted, but i don't think you can get it from Apple. http://thoughtout.biz/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=49&gclid=CJOkqoTzk48CFRI5agodJGXTfQ

so it might just be the iPhone that i get on friday.

herodian
Nov 6, 2007, 01:48 PM
it's such a great day on Friday.

1. i have the day off.
2. Call of Duty 4 is released
3. iPhone

my weekend is set, one way or another.

tico24
Nov 6, 2007, 04:08 PM
I plan on getting the bluetooth headset.
a) for driving.
b) so that I can use the dock that came with the iPhone at work (for charging), and the dock that comes with the bluetooth headset at home (for charge + sync)

I don't see the point in getting a case.

I've also ordered some v-moda vibe duo headphones with the play controls from America. And I have some cheap ebay headphone adapters to tide me over in the meantime.

Does anyone know if we can purchase applecare for the iPhone?

Stonie24
Nov 7, 2007, 01:29 AM
decided against getting a case.. it'd be a shame to hide this beauty. as far as scratches go, ehh scratches just add character plus its not like i'm ever gonna sell it. EVER!!!

in 2days 10hrs 33mins i'll be purchasing two of:

:apple: iPhone
:apple: bluetooth headset
:apple: USB power adaptor

tingling with excitement!!! :D

cwedl
Nov 7, 2007, 01:57 AM
a case for the iPhone, and the Bluetooth headset.

tjcampbell
Nov 7, 2007, 04:09 AM

1. i have the day off.
3. iPhone

I'm doing the exact same thing! Awesome. :cool:

johny5
Nov 7, 2007, 04:18 AM
an iPizza, is that? :-)

i'm not going to bother getting a case or screen protector or anything. i've had an iPod Touch since they were released, .

Just out of curiosity, if you already have an ipod touch, why are you going for an iphone aswell? are you just a gadget meister like myself? :D

My boss went over to the states and has brought me back a 16gb ipod touch so I am happy at 192 for that :) but i will refrain from getting the phone as I like my small sony w880i.

diazstd
Nov 7, 2007, 05:11 AM
Hi,
I already bought the Marware Iphone Sportsuite Sleeve. You can find this here:
http://www.marware.com/PRODUCTS/iPhone-Products/Sportsuit-Sleeve-for-iPhone

I'll go to buy me an Iphone friday morning in Stade (Germany).

Andreas

bilbo--baggins
Nov 7, 2007, 07:55 AM

1. i have the day off.
3. iPhone

Is that Call of Duty 4 for the Mac? Call of Duty 3 wasn't released on the Mac was it?

CD3660
Nov 7, 2007, 08:57 AM
In readiness for Friday I already have the BestSkinsEver for the back and sides, and the Power Support Crystal Film screen protector for the front. Got both mail order from the U.S.A.

Don't want any scratches on this beauty!

Jebaloo
Nov 7, 2007, 01:35 PM
Won't be buying anything. Have already ordered a Vaja case and should be with me tomorrow (that's if the 15 working days thing is actually accurate)

tjcampbell
Nov 7, 2007, 06:01 PM
Call of Duty 4 for the Xbox 360!
incase case if I can find one.
A dozen Guinness.

Hellenek
Nov 8, 2007, 12:15 AM
I got my iPhone last saturday and was lucky enough to find that my current Treo case was a good fit. 5 days on and I'm not using any case. The iPhone is always in my pocket when not in use so strangely enough, my pockets do make excellent 'cases'. The iPhone doesn't even have one scratch. It also heats up sometimes so make sure you don't use a case that'll retain the heat.

I'm also using the Martin Fields Overlay Plus screen protector. Excellent, glossy and highly recommended. I saw some iPhones with other screen protectors (don't know the type) and they put a matte sheen over the iPhone. Not good at all.

So, don't be in such a hurry to buy an iPhone case. The phone is quite resilient so use it for a few days before deciding on the type of case you want. Otherwise this will be the start of a collection of quite a number of cases...

As for the headset, the Apple ones are actually quite good. I was planning to replace them but was advised against it by others on the forum.

What I wish I'd got extra was a second set of of charging stuff - dock, cable. Also going to get the large iPhone travelcase (http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphonetravelcase/iphonetravelcase.htm) from Waterfield. Looks the best for carrying all the iPhone bits and bobs in one place. Maybe the headset will survive longer in that.

My $0.02

illitrate23
Nov 8, 2007, 01:17 AM
Just out of curiosity, if you already have an ipod touch, why are you going for an iphone aswell? are you just a gadget meister like myself? :D
yeah, that's definately part of it :D
and also the SE M600i phone i have at the moment isn't great, so i've been looking to get a new phone since this time last year... and... well, Apple own my soul so i _have_ to buy the iPhone :)

but it's just the ease with which i can sync the contacts on the phone with the address book on my mac, it's awesome. obviously, 8gb is a little on the small side for a music/movie/phone/camera/picture-viewer so i'll keep most of the video and music on the iPod i think, so the iPhone won't get too full up

johny5
Nov 8, 2007, 01:51 AM
yeah, that's definately part of it :D

lol cant fault you for that ;) keep us updated on keeping the two then, even a hardened gadget freak like myself couldn't warrant one of each, maybe an iphone and then as a backup an ipod classic due to the extra space.

nick2k7
Nov 8, 2007, 07:37 AM
im getting

1. iphone
2. itunes card
3. call of duty 4
4. and a ps3 game ;)

Devil's Refugee
Nov 8, 2007, 07:58 AM
iPhone
InvisibleShield (already ordered, should arrive tomorrow)
Possibly the BT headset for driving around, reckon I might need a set of Eargel type adapters since :apple: headphones don't sit right with me.

Maybe Metroid Prime: Corruption, possibly hang off for Mario Galaxy though, not sure when I'll get to play it inbetween playing with the iPhone and The Orange Box :p

herodian
Nov 8, 2007, 01:28 PM
Is that Call of Duty 4 for the Mac? Call of Duty 3 wasn't released on the Mac was it?

PS3.

i prefer my games on a dedicated console.