Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
It's possible but I have been reading posts where people have cracked the screen when they dropped their Touch/iPhone. The glass isn't shatterproof.

IpodFanatic

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2007
i have heard so many things about ppl dropping their itouch from 1foot away from the pavement and it cracking the screen so i would recomend a good case or just be REALLY careful:):apple::eek::):cool:

franzmueller

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2007
Spain
The screen is great and very strong but !! I do have some minor scratches on it ( carrying together with my keys ) also I´ve dropped a couple of times and got some small dents on the edges .

So don´t use it as a frisbee :p

Saludos

Victor ch

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2007
San José, Costa Rica
Hi I was just wondering if the iPod touch screen could handle a small fall like from trouser pocket to the ground?

IF they are as strong as the iPhone (no pun intended) they are quite resilient check here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czCCavcnNd8 its one of the stress tests. Clearly shows it can handle some abuse (shock or fall-wise, not scratching-wise I think they don't have the same resistance to that). BTW, sorry for not narrowing down the link, don't know how.

-Victor

iCantwait

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
so yeah.

Attachments

• DSCF1476.JPG
    DSCF1476.JPG
    774.1 KB · Views: 124

Stang68

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2007
USA
actually my dad ran over my touch with his truck. I thought it was a goner! But actually the screen is so strong that it made another touch appear! I have two now!

Victor ch

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2007
San José, Costa Rica
actually my dad ran over my touch with his truck. I thought it was a goner! But actually the screen is so strong that it made another touch appear! I have two now!

Care for pics :rolleyes: ejej do you literally mean that it cracked in two pieces?? Anyway.. sorry dude, loosing any Apple product is terrible.

-Victor

skir0987

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2007
They do crack

I dropped mine in the airport the other day and it landed on the corner... and this happened:

attachment.php

I just got it fixed by iResQ for $130... a pretty big price to pay. One second it's fine, then the next $130 down the drain. I got the iClear and it's working really well and comes with a screen protector. I definitely recommend getting a case for the iPod though as it is not completely unbreakable as other people have said.

Shep

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
This is why I am no longer interested in the iPhone. I can't imagine having to baby my daily-use cell phone the way I do with my Touch.

rgiesler

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2008
Ipod touch

Ipod touch I thought was great when I first got it. And I still like it, but the quality is not so good. I have problems with the screen, it doesn't always work, sometimes you can't turn the volume down or you can't click play or pause, it kinda freezes. I dropped the stupid thing about a foot from the ground and it cracked in three places and it is so hard to get ahold of apple for warranty information. Overall I would NOT recommend it, it's a bust in the ass.:mad:

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
Its not that hard. All you have to do is get a rubber case and it will be fine. Ive dropped mine multiple times while it was in the case and its still perfect. Also, I do not have a screen protector, the case leaves the screen about half an inch above the ground when it falls.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.