PDA

View Full Version : [UK] Manchester Arndale Meet Thread

finder
Nov 6, 2007, 06:19 PM
Live Blogging of the Launch

[Moderator note: The original poster has requested that this post and their posts below be removed. We have left this post so that the rest of the thread posts are preserved.]

Project
Nov 6, 2007, 06:25 PM
6am? Good lord...

I was thinking 5PM but you have me worried now. I am going to subscribe to this thread and I want you to provide updates from the queue on the day if possible. Are you taking a MB/MBP that you could do this with? I work from home in the town centre so can come by at any time, and would like to know if the queue started to get silly so I can get in line. Im just not sure about the allocation the Apple stores will have. I cant honestly see them having more than a couple of hundred phones in there.

Frozentoast
Nov 6, 2007, 06:39 PM
12 hour madness that is. How will you be keeping yourself occupied? :)

Project
Nov 6, 2007, 06:44 PM
I can work from anywhere there is an internet connection, however my battery can only last so long.

So the earliest I could get there and live on the Macbook battery life is probably 3.00pm

Frozentoast
Nov 6, 2007, 07:16 PM
To be honest, probably those waiting with me will occupy me.
I'll have to make friends in The Trafford Centre as my friends are not nearly nerdy enough to keep me company.

Frozentoast
Nov 6, 2007, 08:31 PM
The only thing stopping me from going to the Arndale is the lack of free parking in Town.

vendettabass
Nov 8, 2007, 09:07 AM
I will be!

Can only get there for 4pm but I think I'll be fine! If they've got 500 iPhones surely there won't be 500 people in the queue? that'd be crazy!

I just hope the people inside buy and leave rather than play around with them for half an hour :mad:

Project
Nov 8, 2007, 02:06 PM
^ I am counting on those updates man. I can't afford to miss out on the iPhone tomorrow. So as soon as it starts to get busy, update the thread

vendettabass
Nov 8, 2007, 02:28 PM
I got a friend at the o2 store back home in st helens so I hope I'm covered!!

ANTMUZ
Nov 9, 2007, 03:42 AM
Wow free coffee and free wifi - sounds like you're having an ace time! I'd expect a few reporters and a possible camera crew in the next couple of hours if I was you!

Project
Nov 9, 2007, 03:49 AM
Strangely absorbing live blogging :D

As soon as it starts to get busy, im ordering a taxi there.

ANTMUZ
Nov 9, 2007, 03:49 AM
Hey! Do you think you could ask the Apple store guys how many iPhones they will have in stock for tonight - also do you know if they'll be open till 10? Some other stores inside shopping centres aren't staying open too late tonight.

Cheers

vendettabass
Nov 9, 2007, 06:12 AM
will be there at around 4:30! how long do we think we'll be waiting for if we're arriving around 4-5ish? keep us updated!

Project
Nov 9, 2007, 06:15 AM
Are you on Twitter? Might be easier to post updates to there from your phone if your Mac battery life goes.

Sputnickers
Nov 9, 2007, 07:04 AM
Heh, I caught a glimpse of you with your powerbook as I left the shop about half an hour ago. I have to admit I felt very tempted to join you and wind up buying one - despite being mired in my 3 contract - and that's what I knew I had to leave or face a life of debt :)

koobcamuk
Nov 9, 2007, 07:46 AM
The only problem now is lack of sleep. It's starting to kick in. I've been here for 7 hours and 12 minutes. I'm still loving it and cannot wait to have an iPhone in my hands in 4 hours and 20 minutes! :)

I would wet myself if you were declined by your card company or if you got rejected by a credit check.

Seriously though - enjoy your iPhone. Did you take the day off or are you just a slacker? (says me posting on a forum... at least it's lunch... :))

dsjh
Nov 9, 2007, 07:54 AM
Do you know how much stock they have?

I finish work and 4 and coming straight into town, hope the queue isn't long then....

Your my idol :) wish I was off work too!

Project
Nov 9, 2007, 09:27 AM
Any updates? I can come down at any point but im not going to bother until the queue is > 50

Project
Nov 9, 2007, 10:38 AM
Looks like the updates have died. ****** it, im on my way!

gkarris
Nov 9, 2007, 12:31 PM
Live Blogging of the Launch

Dude, I think you may need some counseling... :eek:

(says in fake British accent) Nothing that a bit of ol' iPhone use can fix, chap...

koobcamuk
Nov 9, 2007, 12:48 PM
Manchester Arndale and City Centre (http://gallery.mac.com/martinirwin#100074&view=mosaic&sel=0) photos

wrboyce
Nov 12, 2007, 03:09 PM
Manchester Arndale and City Centre (http://gallery.mac.com/martinirwin#100074&view=mosaic&sel=0) photos

nice one man :-)

http://gallery.mac.com/martinirwin#100074/IMG_0060&bgcolor=black that's me and my mrs (in the black top, cream pants)