PDA

View Full Version : (Germany) Midnight Launch Party Cologne

ooberpongo
Nov 7, 2007, 02:18 AM
Hi everybody. Who is coming to the Midnight Launch Party on Thursday night? There will be food, drinks and warm cover for all those waiting in line. Also some celebrities from Germany will show up.

treichert
Nov 7, 2007, 03:15 AM
Thought about it yesterday with a friend of mine, but I live near Aachen and figured that it was too much of a hassle so now I'm just going to buy it in my local T-Punkt. I guess there'll be like 5 people waiting...:p

Marvy
Nov 7, 2007, 04:24 AM
Yeah, sounds like fun. Unfortunately Kaiserslautern is also a bit too far from Cologne for me to really consider it. Plus, I (armer Student) really don't have the cash for an iPhone right now.

Out of curiosity: Where is that event? At a T-Punkt shop?

macmike47
Nov 7, 2007, 05:26 AM
Out of curiosity: Where is that event? At a T-Punkt shop?

Yep

I (armer Student) really don't have the cash for an iPhone right now.

Me neither :(

But I'll be there for the atmos :apple::D:apple:

slackstar
Nov 7, 2007, 12:33 PM
hey ho,

iŽll be in cologne with a friend of mine. we are very sad about the t-mobile-rates which prevent us from buying 2 iphones. :-( but weŽll take pictures for our website.

yours
slackstar

macmike47
Nov 8, 2007, 09:54 AM
hey ho,

iŽll be in cologne with a friend of mine. we are very sad about the t-mobile-rates which prevent us from buying 2 iphones. :-( but weŽll take pictures for our website.

yours
slackstar

Lol, from what I've heard/read, there are gonna be more people taking pictures and watching than actually buying the iPhone. :o

Also, someone said they have 150 iPhones in stock. Can't be expecting that many people then...

macmike47
Nov 8, 2007, 01:20 PM
Right, sorry for the double-post, but I've just been to the T-Com shop and a guy who looked like the manager reckoned they're expecting "a couple of thousand" customers tonight. He also claimed Stevie J himself is going to be there. Obviously, an unknown source in terms of reliability, but you never know... ;)

:apple: 3 hours, 42 minutes to iPhone! :apple:

Marvy
Nov 8, 2007, 04:19 PM
Right, sorry for the double-post, but I've just been to the T-Com shop and a guy who looked like the manager reckoned they're expecting "a couple of thousand" customers tonight. He also claimed Stevie J himself is going to be there. Obviously, an unknown source in terms of reliability, but you never know... ;)

:apple: 3 hours, 42 minutes to iPhone! :apple:

Sounds cool! Take some pictures while you're there. Would really like to know how the party turned out :).

macmike47
Nov 8, 2007, 07:56 PM
Hi, just got back from the iPhone launch. There really were loads of people. Perhaps not a couple of thousand, but hundreds definitely. Take a look at my short video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKxV0ChJjIs) to get a feel for it. It wasn't a queue as such, rather a huge crowd trying to fit through a small gap that led to iphonedom. :p

gkarris
Nov 8, 2007, 10:15 PM
Are those T-Mobile iPhone shirts? I want one!!! :eek:

metoo6000
Nov 9, 2007, 12:24 AM
How about the firmware version? Is it 1.1.2 or still 1.1.1?

gallinger
Nov 9, 2007, 01:35 AM
Bottom right picture****

I THINK THAT DUDE IN THE TOP LEFT OF THAT PIC IS USING THE IPHONE UPSIDE DOWN ahahahahahahahahahaha if you zoom in, thats exactly what it looks like. I hope hes not that dumb

Devil's Refugee
Nov 9, 2007, 02:12 AM
Make sure you get the option (or find out for us) that German iPhones can be bought unlocked !!!!

In order to comply with French law, Apple will offer an unlocked version of the iPhone when it goes on sale in France on November 29, but that country may not be the first to see a factory unlocked iPhone. While details are thin, sources are reporting that T-Mobile will provide an unlocked iPhone in its stores in Germany, as well.

The unlocked iPhone is not expected to be offered through Apple's Web site to German customers, however, and it's unknown what arrangement was struck to allow T-Mobile to offer the unlocked phone. Other sources, meanwhile, say the ability to unlock the German iPhone will be granted on a per-customer basis by T-Mobile as needed, not unlike other mobile providers that offer unlock codes to customers when requested.

daneoni
Nov 9, 2007, 07:01 AM
This is a flickr set (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ifun/sets/72157603019097572/) of the German launch. Looks like they had fun

gkarris
Nov 9, 2007, 12:32 PM
This is a flickr set (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ifun/sets/72157603019097572/) of the German launch. Looks like they had fun

T-Mobile store selling iPhones, T-Mobile Ads with iPhone, My T-Mobile brochure with iPhone.....

(continues drueling...)